Re: This game has become “Race to the Disruptor”

by emandab98

Original Post

This game has become “Race to the Disruptor”

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Seriously, half of my opponents are just 2 Harvester/Jackson/Disruptor. It’s really becoming ridiculous. 

Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. But it’s damn near the same match all day long. I’m getting sick of it. And kinda on the verge of retiring. The game has become mundane. Even before the Disruptor abuse, the lack of new game modes and such... it’s literally just the same old same ol all day every day. 

Devs, if y’all don’t do something resfreshing soon... I’m thinking people are going to start walking away. 

P.S. some emojis and some skins that y’all are SELLING isn’t something refreshing. Even if it was free it wouldn’t be enough to keep us refreshed and feeling like this game has replayability. (Yes, that’s a word lmao)

Message 1 of 33 (1,177 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Honestly I almost never see a disruptor destroying my base or even going for it.

But what I DO see quite often is the disruptor and zonetrooper combo. If you do not have the correct counter for this, you just straight up loose lol.

Message 2 of 33 (1,155 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Totally agree, ran into this 3 times today and the dumbest thing about them, is you can totally be winning the pads, and have a huge army...  But if you can't stop 2 Disruptors from reaching your base, then you're gonna lose.  I JUST lost a game this way, even after killing his harvester, launching a missile.  So dumb.

Message 3 of 33 (1,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yeah, it happens a lot.

The tilt factor is so real.

The Disruptor + Zone Trooper Combo is strong.

However, Most players only use it as a distraction.

The Disruptor is slow.

Players use the Zone Trooper as a blocker to get the Disruptor close enough to a base.

The Disruptor will 4 shot most bases

or

The Disruptor will 2 shot a base if 1 Missile has gone off.

Some players don’t even run Zone Troopers.

They just use 1 tech lab unit (Disruptor) with other units.

Message 4 of 33 (1,094 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@XPlayerJ I agree it is slow... but when it’s Jackson’d it gets across the map in no time! 

Message 5 of 33 (1,089 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@xMaksuss wrote:

Honestly I almost never see a disruptor destroying my base or even going for it.

But what I DO see quite often is the disruptor and zonetrooper combo. If you do not have the correct counter for this, you just straight up loose lol.

That’s wild. I know it’s not just happening to me. I’ve seen at least 4 posts about this. I’m just adding my fuel to the flame hoping it will finally catch on of these EA devs eyes and take notice. 

Message 6 of 33 (1,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm OK with every other strategy that has caused me to lose, but when a Disruptor comes out of nowhere and 2-hits my base causing me to insta lose; well that's one of this game's biggest "fun buzzkills."  ...They are also the only time that I have just stopped playing for the day, because I was so dumbfounded.

Message 7 of 33 (1,059 Views)

★★ Apprentice

lol

Message 8 of 33 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Happens whenever I am wooping *. They send out a disrupter to kill my base. Take no time at all. Definitely needs a Nerf towards bases. I occasionally play with the disrupter but personally feel like it's too easy to kill the base so I don't. I'm not in to cheap shots.
Message 9 of 33 (1,020 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

If I could figure out how to show a replay on here I would you show how quickly I lost after owning the opponent but lost to. Jackson. disrupter quicker than *.

Message 10 of 33 (1,013 Views)