Re: The sims on Gear Vr by Oculous??

by roberta591

Original Post

The sims on Gear Vr by Oculous??

★★★ Newbie

Can we please get the sims 4 on Gear VR by Oculus?

If you do...that would be amazing...and creating it where  you can meet other players would be really cool. 

even building would be cool~~

Message 1 of 2 (303 Views)

Re: The sims on Gear Vr by Oculous??

Hero (Retired)

@Colonicknight  I have a HTC VIVE and that would give the Sims a wow factor but the cost while coming down is still a hard sell. Most people I have demonstrated my VR don't have a computer strong enough to properly push a good VR system so a new computer is usually factored into the estimate. Interest is increasing but sales are hard. For Sims 4 to be in VR you would probably have a whole new game - Sims 4 version 2.0? The creator of the Sims franchise - Will Wright - is (was) on the board of Linden Labs the creators of Second Life so an online component might have been talked about as extension of the Sims game. A virtual environment has been brought up in the past and it seems there is opposition to this idea. Many players see this simulation as a virtual doll house. I myself have reservations about the idea. Second Life is an adult entity and I'm sure there are moderators monitoring 24/7. This would have to be the case as this would be part of the game and this game does not have an adult rating and a lot of young people play this game. I don't know the legal aspects of hosting a virtual forum. Sony had something up on the Playstation 3 for a while but took it down shortly after I discovered it. Sony hosted Home for PS3 for 6 years. Speaking of second life, Linden Labs is launching something called Sansar and the business model is different from Second Life and VR seems to be a big part of it. And yes I agree the sims building mode would be neat in VR 3D but again most users that play the Sims games don't have VR ready systems.

Message 2 of 2 (288 Views)