The never-ending supply of tech asşholes

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

Re: The never-ending supply of tech [Edit - Admin.]

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Since “balance” update and nerfed common units unless the devs fix this issues immediately they will lose all business from me and thousands of others..I am calling for a boycott of this game until they one limit tech to one slot or up deck size to seven...two fix timer lag issues ...three make harvesters cost to replace just like other units...I give a * that killing them gives you a one hundred tib bonus...useless if you are aggro and worthless if they dual Harv for tech 

Message 11 of 47 (456 Views)

Re: The never-ending supply of tech asşholes

★ Guide

Do Juggernauts hurt infantry well? The only anti-air that is anti-infantry is wolverine/widow-maker. Certain combos should have weaknesses, and for those that don'r opposing players should be able to bail when the situation turns really sour. I mean if I can't struggle my way to win, I may as well pay the winner coins to ensure it never happened. He wins, earns more coins or gems and I don't get a defeat. It ruins any win streaks I have.

Message 12 of 47 (454 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hammerhead juggernaut combo is the new bike chem buggy basically you can’t fightthe juggernaut on the ground and the hammerhead covers from the air only thing possible to counter is centurion or avatar 

Message 13 of 47 (452 Views)

★ Guide

If you think that this game is trash. You may as well leave, or if you still want to play it. Troll others into a tie to make them quit for you. I saw an OP player once who trolled a lower ranked player and smashed all his harvesters.

Do Juggernauts counter infantry? The juggernaut should be inaccurate against faster targets like in the original TS:FS. Also make certain units more vulnerable to others. Like how a zonetrooper is weak to a wolverine at the same level.

Message 14 of 47 (444 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Shinerplunderer wrote:

Do Juggernauts hurt infantry well?

Yes they do. They are strong against both Vehicles, and Infantry. That is exactly the problem: You are left with one feasible option to attack them, which is air units. But then your opponent brings strong air defense and it's game over.

Message 15 of 47 (437 Views)

★ Guide

Maybe there should be a limit of 1 or something. Either that or it needs a nerf. Either infantry or vehicle will do. Maybe nerf against units that are faster or at the same speed as missile squads.

Message 16 of 47 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Shinerplunderer wrote:

Maybe there should be a limit of 1 or something. Either that or it needs a nerf. Either infantry or vehicle will do. Maybe nerf against units that are faster or at the same speed as missile squads.

I think the Juggernaut could have a longer reload time, so that you could actually get through to it with ground units and have a solid chance of bringing it down.

The idea of only allowing one Juggernaut/Avatar/Mammoth Tank etc. on the battlefield per player at the same time is very much worth considering too, in my opinion. If I am not mistaken, there was a limit like that in some of the older C&C games too.

Message 17 of 47 (431 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@Artriedes wrote:
Tech units are part of the game as designed by the devs and tech users are playing the game within the rules.

The rules are flawed, and the designers do make mistakes sometimes. For example, the combo Juggernaut + Air Defense is currently unwinnable against. If your opponent has it and you don't, you might as well stop playing the game entirely since your chance of winning against it is 0%. Yes, even if you do attack their harvesters quite early on. I just had a game where exactly that happened. I will make a recording of this now and file it as a bug report.

Nobody has a problem with a battle being tough, but if things are so skewed that there is zero chance of winning, then something must be done about it.

If you feel the rules are flawed, call for them to be changed like others in the forum. But it is unsportmanlike and petty of you to call other players aholes who are not cheating and playing the game as per rules set by the devs. I personally feel cyberwheels are highly op and not balanced. But i dont call cyberwheel users aholes. Players are SUPPOSED TO try their best to win using all options on the table, and tech units form part of those options.

Secondly from reading the point you made about juggernaut plus hammerhead, i conclude that you dont understand the game very well. If your opponent has teched up to an unbeatable position before you could finish the game or stop them from teching up, you have done something wrong. Because it means you had an economic advantage earlier on while he was investing in tech, which you failed to take advantage of. This has been the nature of this game from the start. If you are not able to stop ppl from teching up or finish the game before they can tech up, that means you are not a very good non tech player and you should start thinking about teching up yourself. Check out games played by top players who dont use tech units and see how they easily beat tech players in cnc tv. That should give you a clue.

I personally use the juggernaut plus hammerhead strategy and it fails regularly. Against non tech players, half the time it fails because they go after my economy and i dont even get a chance to get the juggernaut into position. Even if i do, there are many many things that stop it such as the catalyst missile, ion cannon, simultaneous multiple jjt rush, even pred or scorp rush towards my juggernaut. If they have the jackson boost, even the pitbull makes it through. And down goes my 120tib juggernaut. And thats just non tech units. If the opponent have tech, the juggernaut plus hammerhead is no challenge at all. Titans can walk straight through without taking much damage and worms have it even better.

Bottomline, getting and using tech units isnt easy. If it was, ud be doing it yourself. Ask yourself why you arent doing it. Thats because they need investment early game which puts you at a disadvantage against someone who isnt making the same investment in their own tech units. The tech units are their reward for surviving that disadvantage and your punishment for not being able to take advantage of that disadvantage. If you disagree, just get your own tech units. No one is stopping you. If you dont want to do that either, just except that you are not good at this game, considering other good non tech players beat tech players regularly and consistently.

Message 18 of 47 (417 Views)

★ Guide

Also why not have artillery units target the ground to put a no move zone or be killed in shrapnel. If an artillery attacks a unit, it should miss based on speed. faster units give a higher miss chance.

Message 19 of 47 (416 Views)

★★★★ Guide

If you get to the jugg it’s down because it can’t attack stuff that’s right in front. It’s actual range is 2-3 but not 1.

Message 20 of 47 (389 Views)