Re: The never-ending supply of tech asşholes

by xrmiao4

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

@BattaIia wrote:
I tried banshees, but the damn avatar just speed walks away >.<

My banshees have an afterburner from Pratt & Whitney. It costs 30 Tib to activate :-)

Message 41 of 47 (420 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
sounds good, but by the time the avatar is dead, so is your standing army and harvester and now anti-air counters are here and so is another avatar. Sure, banshee is probably a safer bet, but right now in tib league it's all avatar all day long.
Message 42 of 47 (414 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Shinerplunderer wrote:

That's almost exactly what I use. The only noticeable issue is infantry. I mean a squad of shock-waves and missile squad can easily break through my defense. This is especially true is said shock-wave attacks after the missile squad begins to attack my shock-wave trooper. I feel like I'm attacking myself somehow... Somehow the game feels unbalanced since some units can attack one type, others only two or three. Are dev's even sticking to a plan to make each one similar what they can and can't counter? I thought they made the game a rock-paper-scissors, not a rock-rock-paper-scissors or something like that.

Missle squad can attack infantry, but only do minor damage. This is part of micro strategy.

There are other important micro strategy to make a difference in addition to simply unit counter. For example, defender attack first, so avoid smashing into opponent unit and position yours carefully. If you have no good counter (for case of shockwave in early game), it is better to go into 2 v 1. In case they have missle and shockwave coming to you, always attack the one that give you most damage rather than auto-attack the first come first serve. 2 weaker units can win a stronger 1 if they attack at the same time (eg. 2 rifle against shockwave, 2 bikes against 1 scorpion tank).

For units that are strong against 2 other kind, they are usually weaker then those focused countering 1 kind. For example, talon can attack both air and infantry, the Nod counterpart, venom, attack only infantry and they have higher damage and hp to strike a balance. Similar on gunship/banshee.

Message 43 of 47 (397 Views)

★ Guide

Wow, you sure are well versed with the game! Anyways, I have a question with Nod, I have issues with rock-worms and centurions, what's the best deck to counter said tech (and other ones) as Nod.

Message 44 of 47 (389 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Shinerplunderer wrote:

Wow, you sure are well versed with the game! Anyways, I have a question with Nod, I have issues with rock-worms and centurions, what's the best deck to counter said tech (and other ones) as Nod.

They are both vehicle killer so you need anti-vehicle aircraft and infantries like orca/banshee and zones/cyborgs/missile/laser. Note that rockworm deals damage to all member of a squad so your infantries will take 2-4 times damage.

Message 45 of 47 (382 Views)

★ Guide

Isn't the attack rate of the missile squad weaker than the zone trooper and to both, their Nod counterparts. I mean if a rock worm engages an army of missile squads, how many does it take to knock it over? Seems that rock worms are OP if they choose to burrow forever, moving from place to place as they desire. Couldn't units with EMP attack it even though it might not take damage and slowly rise up cause of EMP?

Message 46 of 47 (366 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Just try juggernaut myself. Can’t even shoot jjt. How can it shut down ground?

Message 47 of 47 (334 Views)