Re: The never-ending supply of tech asşholes

by PremierVenoth

Original Post

★ Guide

So are quick units the counter to such behemoths? They should be nerfed a little more. Maybe has a higher chance to miss if it shoots a bike or something. I would also want to see this thing crush infantry and light vehicles. I mean with this size, it could step on a zone trooper to the point that the soldier inside the suit is starting to hurt. I mean What are you going to do in a power suit if a 10 ton mech sits on you?

Message 21 of 47 (641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@xrmiao4 wrote:

If you get to the jugg it’s down because it can’t attack stuff that’s right in front. It’s actual range is 2-3 but not 1.

Are you sure about that? It does not say so in the unit's description.

Edit:
Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFz4eBp0tI8

At 1:28, the Juggernaut targets a unit that is two fields away, but it also destroys a unit that is one field away from itself.

Message 22 of 47 (636 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Correct. So a jugg cannot TARGET something that is 1 range, however, its shells hit the intended hex and every hex around it. This means it can DAMAGE targets up to 1 range. So you have to be careful in how your approach a jugg.
Message 23 of 47 (612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@BattaIia wrote:
Correct. So a jugg cannot TARGET something that is 1 range, however, its shells hit the intended hex and every hex around it. This means it can DAMAGE targets up to 1 range. So you have to be careful in how your approach a jugg.

Juggernaut seems to be too buff according to your (and others) description/s. I think GDI is unbalanced and Nod is OP. GDI needs the right mix, some are next to useless, and others are OP. I mean what can you counter zone troopers with if you have units that are on/below the Nod unlock level? And can anyone think of a ground based counter on an army of juggernauts sitting outside the pads? With this scenario, you can't hold the nuke, even if the opponent doesn't care about reducing your base to smithereens.

Message 24 of 47 (606 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Juggernaught is a tech unit. To fight tech units effectively, you require other tech units, or something they can't hit. So in this case, zone troopers and cyborgs work just fine against juggernaughts, or titans or rockworms, or centurions, etc etc.

Shockwave troopers, flame troopers, and chem troopers all hard counter zone troopers. 2x rifles will do in a pinch.
Message 25 of 47 (596 Views)

Two things. Surrender buttons are for cowards. Many a time I have stolen a win when I thought it was hopeless by making a mad rush what are units towards the pads.

The 2nd thing. You are mad at a player who used better strategy than you. Your deck is it balanced enough if you can't beat units that are epic. There are infantry and air units that beat epic units.

Message 26 of 47 (581 Views)

★★★ Guide

With others - either Agro, splash air, join'em, or do something crazy.

Agro has to get the first nuke and has to stop/harry/destroy harvesters.  Ideally leading their focus to protect the harvey WHILE a single unit charges the first nuke.  If you don't, or can't, do this effectively you're going to pay.  Good scout (to kill MG's Scarabs) and hitting harveys hard nets me several disconnects a night - free medals and wins for SIMPLY being their first and hitting hard.

Air - otherwise - have an air unit to deal with this.  Banshee is best - obviously - I feel GDI suffers a little (though I run Bomber+talon now :-)  Air lets you take down a number of threats easily and get over terrain to pads quickly.  Consider that you might just HAVE to run it with your play style

Join'em - obvious - and lets you get back to 'the better player' winning.

Something crazy - usually still Agroing - just doing it with chem/jade combo - or going 4 air plus pitbull/bike - whatever.  Part of being a half-decent player is knowing the 'mini'-games and counters and having great micro.... you throw something totally different at somebody you have a good chance of tipping the whole applecart.

Message 27 of 47 (576 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Another interesting strat is the current tech meta has started shifting to a "go ahead, kill my harvs, I don't care, I'll just save my tib" tech deck, so I've been seeing more and more "aggro" lists throwing in something like a basilisk into their list so if they get plenty of harv kills they get a tech unit of their own to compete against the teching player. This leaves you at a slight disadvantage against another aggro player, but...
Message 28 of 47 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@BattaIia wrote:
throwing in something like a basilisk into their list so if they get plenty of harv kills they get a tech unit of their own to compete against the teching player.

Excoundrel seems to think that the Basilisk is rather terrible. I think his words were "borderline viable" in the video where he discussed the War Dog nerf, if I remember correctly. Is he wrong?

Message 29 of 47 (565 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I guess the main gripe I have with the game is that it does so much to promote double harvester decks, and so very little to promote other styles of playing. Many of the maps are designed especially to give double harvester decks all the advantage: There is a coherent Tiberium field very close to your own base, so it is quite easy to set up double harvesters and to protect them since the enemy has to go such a long way to even reach them at all. It is especially bad in the Master League, but also in many of the events we had recently, with maps like Flooded Fields etc.

The consequence of this is that I am seeing about 80% double harvester players, of which most are tech players, maybe 17% single harvester decks (which are mostly Aggro) and maybe 3%, probably less, players who use no harvester at all. I feel that this is very out of balance. In my opinion, the game should promote different styles of playing, not just "bring out the big units and win". 

Things may be different in the Tiberium League, but this league is just 1% of the whole playerbase, or even less than that. So it does not really count ;-)

I think one way to end this lopsidedness could be to give the harvesters unit slots. That is, every player gets eight slots for their deck instead of six. However, you then have to fit in the harvesters there as well. So you could choose between: Six unit types plus two harvs, or seven unit types plus one harv, or eight unit types, meaning no harvester play. That could make things more interesting. 

Also, the very strongest of tech units like the Avatar, Mammoth Tank etc. could be Legendary units, where you can only have one of them on the battlefield at the same time. It was like this in the older C&C games already, so it's not completely out of left field to suggest that. :-)

Message 30 of 47 (562 Views)