Re: The need for speed we all knew an loved

by Bileven

Original Post

The need for speed we all knew an loved

★★★ Newbie
  1. EA Help I've been a nfs lover since ps1 and the elnino yall made it to damn friendly from the way the bosses talk all weak and corny to the police,
    Where the constant ram trucks nonstop police weapons like spike strips roadblocks pit maneuvers where the helicopters shooting missiles or dropping random spike strips down outta no where the emps missing car tuning was more in depth we miss that very 1st hot pursuit 2 on ps2 undercover ps3 or that very 1st most wanted feel from ps2 with the banging soundtrack and the junkman parts what happen to the things u can knock down to destroy multiple police with I always have faith in EA but these past few nfs installments have not lived up to the need for speed name who r the developers are they new do they not know the history of nfs I miss
Message 1 of 7 (743 Views)

★★ Apprentice
i've played Underground 1-2, Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted 1-2, Carbon, Prostreet, Undercover, 2015, Rivals, Payback, Shift 1-2
and if i were to rate em all, id give
Most wanted 10/10
Carbon 9/10
Underground 8/10
Underground 2 9/10
Undercover 6/10
Rivals 2/10
MW 2 5/10
Hot Pursuit 4/10
Payback 7/10
2015 7/10
Prostreet 6/10
Shift 7/10
Shift 2 6/10
The best games they made were in the 2000-2010 decade, later criterion ruined it, but still payback is a really good game.
Message 2 of 7 (730 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

While some people liked the original, it was vastly unrealistic...  cop doing pit maneuver at 150mph?  Police with rocket launchers?  

They, actually, did not develop a good following until they started to get things more in a realm of probable realism.  Granted, some of it is far fetched..  it's still somewhat limited.  

And, the cops in Payback DO try Ramming, Pit and various police tactics.  

I get it, you liked the crazy "arcade" idea, but games (in general) are dictated by sales and those types of games don't sell enough to support the development.  Supply and Demand will always dictate the market.  

Message 3 of 7 (693 Views)

★★★ Pro
I have too agree, i think the really old games from the 90s where much more realistic. Police dident ram you in 150 mph, i feelt they really behavied like cops in real life. Plus they could also pull you over, and if you rammed over a spike then it was all over.Atleast if you had too much tickets. So personally i would more prefer EA too goo completly back too 90s in gameplay, just with todays graffic. Im so tired of todays Fast and furious NFS games, that is not the real true NFS in my oppinion.
Message 4 of 7 (677 Views)

★★ Apprentice
the worst part was the dodge viper and corvette z06 tho

how can a car 0-200kmh in 1 second lol
Message 5 of 7 (666 Views)

★★★ Pro
Agree it isent realistic, but one thing that allways bugs me is since 2005 cops could bust you. Just with block you in for some seconds, then it was better when your car beeing taken over for a second. And then you got a ticket, really miss that but also the ticket system.
Message 6 of 7 (658 Views)

★★ Apprentice
tbh yea the pursuits suck in rivals,2015 and payback
it just doesnt give you the feel of a real pursuit
Message 7 of 7 (650 Views)