The good and the bad about Showdown

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

The good and the bad about Showdown

★★★★ Pro

The good:
This was a really fun event. I am hoping that it will return every month. That would be seriously cool. The level cap was perfect so that with regard to unit levels, it was fair for everybody.

The bad:

The quality of the matchmaking was abysmal. I was matched several times against players who have a win rate that is way higher than mine (like in the 70s or 80s of percent). The game even matched me against the same opponent twice, somebody with a win rate of 84%. How is that supposed to be fair?

@EA_dance210 

@EA_Alexander 
@EA_Grasshopper
@EA_HighCommand 
You seriously need to do something about the matchmaking algorithm. It delivers crappy results way to often. Don't you have anybody on your team who is capable of coming up with something good? This should be the single one thing that delivers outstandingly good results, instead it does the opposite. Frown

Message 1 of 2 (211 Views)

Re: The good and the bad about Showdown

★★★★★ Guide

Maybe because the game doesn't have anyone to match you with who has a similar win rate for the tournament. This can also happen with regular ranked league matches. Maybe the developers should add a limitation to who you would want to be matched with, like 2+ to 2- levels and divisions like 1 or 2 divisions away. You could also choose if you want nothing but challenge battles or give your enemy a challenge battle instead. The first one are for hardcore players who want to pick out a fight with someone so strong, that even a rhino can destroy a predator.

Message 2 of 2 (190 Views)