Re: The effect of harvester kill bounty

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

The effect of harvester kill bounty

★★★★★ Apprentice

I still play aggro decks, but since the latest balance patch, I had a few matches with really disappointing turnaround.

I was pressuring pretty well with units on the field, had a good amount of tiberium saved up, but my opponent took out my harvester and brought out tech. I was able to afford losing income, but apperantly, couldn't afford to give him income.

I thought that killing a harvester supposed to be a punishment and not a reward. It's just like killing a truck with a combat unit. How could that be directly beneficial and make sence at the same time?

I think the kill bounty is a bigger problem for aggro decks than the cheap Techlab. I can't say the same for no harvester decks, but the resource gains gotta turn back to the direction of old C&C games.

The kill bounty should be removed and replaced with something like a 3 sec cooldown on rebuilding a harvester and at least 20 tiberium cost.

The Techlab cost reduction per building should also go down from 30 to 20.

When you look at bad players, you could notice that after they fail with cheap units, they don't try harder, they just make tech units and have an obsession with resource gain, like make 2x harvester at some point.

How about just playing the damn game properly and when could we finally reach the point where that is the most viable thing to do?

Message 1 of 2 (273 Views)

Re: The effect of harvester kill bounty

★★★★ Pro

Way too many people are obsessed with killing harvesters, that much is for sure.

Message 2 of 2 (250 Views)