Re: The Sims Mobile Update - October 16th, 2018 Patch Notes

by SimGuruMaaike

Original Post

The Sims Mobile Update - October 16th, 2018 Patch Notes

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hey Simmers,

This update is absolutely spooktacular! The Halloween Haunt event will begin on October 23rd, giving YOU the chance to earn a motley assortment of costumes and spooky items.

Note: If you are not seeing the Update in the iOS App Store, please try going to your Updates tab and pull to refresh the page.

Key Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with venues periodically re-locking for some players
  • Fixed an issue with Helping Hand purchases not always completing correctly
  • Fixed an issue with the language toggle not saving preference after switching to English
  • Sims should no longer want to hang out in the bathroom quite as frequently (seriously, what are they doing in there)

Thanks for reading, and all your continued support of The Sims Mobile!

- SimGuruPaul

Message 1 of 40 (3,295 Views)

★ Novice

Hi thank you for updating! I'm just making sure after we updated the game that we shouldn't see any difference on Halloween until 10/23 is that correct?

@SimGuruMaaike wrote:

Hey Simmers,

This update is absolutely spooktacular! The Halloween Haunt event will begin on October 23rd, giving YOU the chance to earn a motley assortment of costumes and spooky items.

Note: If you are not seeing the Update in the iOS App Store, please try going to your Updates tab and pull to refresh the page.

Key Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with venues periodically re-locking for some players
  • Fixed an issue with Helping Hand purchases not always completing correctly
  • Fixed an issue with the language toggle not saving preference after switching to English
  • Sims should no longer want to hang out in the bathroom quite as frequently (seriously, what are they doing in there)

Thanks for reading, and all your continued support of The Sims Mobile!

- SimGuruPaul

Message 2 of 40 (3,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can’t get the new update. It says it downloaded and the icon pic changed. But no update when I open it.

Message 3 of 40 (2,854 Views)

★★ Novice
I couldn't get the update either...I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing.
Message 4 of 40 (2,810 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Briewhoa @y2bhqw17e 

Im pretty sure you guys did receive the update, its just that the Halloween event hasn't started yet so not much has changed. When you look on your device, does the sims mobile app icon have a witch on it? If yes, you have updated successfully. 

Also, within game you can find a new heirloom that will be available in a few days. Just check your heirloom collection. 

spooky heirloom.png

Message 5 of 40 (2,797 Views)

★★ Novice
Ok, so yes! I do have the icon. Other than that nothing. What I've read made it seem like somethings should already be themed, but I get it now. Now we just wait.
Message 6 of 40 (2,787 Views)
Highlighted

EA Live QV Team

Some of you have had questions about Halloween in this update. The Countdown to Halloween quest will start within a few days. The quest offers several spooky items that will boost your progress through the Halloween Haunt. Enjoy!

Message 7 of 40 (2,780 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

So,  sounds like another Loot Box Event with chances to win Halloween themed items and a probable Heirloom ??  

I didn’t need to sleep for a few days anyway 😂

Message 8 of 40 (2,699 Views)

Hero

Hey Standard smile, just a question. Did we get the date right? It's October the 23rd 11 a.m. in Europe and the event hasn't started yet. 

Players around the world are waiting for the event to start Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 9 of 40 (2,278 Views)

★ Guide

I think the events usually begin at around 12pm Eastern Time, i could be wrong Frown which you can convert to your local time zone depending on which part of Europe you're located.

Message 10 of 40 (2,197 Views)