Re: The Sims Mobile Update - November 26th, 2018 Patch Notes

by whackywhippet234

Original Post

★ Guide
I agree, it is bad. If you do find some kind of workaround (I doubt EA would have something of the kind), please do let me know. I just wanna go back to the old version and can do without the new event.
Message 21 of 117 (1,491 Views)

[ Edited ]

Wait, you're  kidding me right? I haven't checked my clothing inventory yet but if that's true, it's unfair to pay extra just to change colors. And yet and still, sims are hanging out in the bathrooms the same as they do. Like that's the room the hang out in the most. This morning though, I keep getting that notification about hobbies and the only way to take it off, is to change the color of my computer chair. Ok I get it, u added new colors, stop reminding me!!!!!! @anglamb2015

Message 22 of 117 (1,438 Views)

@Mai653 ok, that's just wrong. And just when I was going to make a male character. I have to pay to change the color of clothes I already have and possibly his hair color?

Message 23 of 117 (1,423 Views)

★ Guide

@whackywhippet234

So it's a bit tricky. Clothing which you have already paid and bought earlier, you will not have to pay for again. But clothing which you may have received as a reward from stories (for example, the socks from the scientist career, or the female top from the 'study buddies' story), those you will have to pay for now. Up until yesterday I didnt have to pay for them!! 😐

These are supposed to be rewards for completing the stories, paying for those is ridiculous!

Message 24 of 117 (1,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I totally agree that this really destroyed the game. I looked forward to rebuild my house, and when I tried to  all my  walls, floors and outer walls that I bought was gone. I mailed the support and they rolled back my game to yesterday. I lost 10000 simoleans but it was really worth it.

Now I can't rebuild my house if I want to keep the walls/carpets I've bought.

I have spent so much real money in this game and now I just wished that I never had started to play it.

Message 25 of 117 (1,407 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Mai653 I got the socks before the update and I didn't have to pay for them or any reward outfits. I'm still a little upset because I found an outfit  I rlly wanted before the update and I could have gotten it if i didn't wait until today. I hope EA changes this back to how it used to be before this update. But I kinda doubt it Frown and I picked a bad time to retire my 4 sims too. Making money and doing the events is going to be hard with just 2 sims.

Message 26 of 117 (1,406 Views)

★ Guide

@whackywhippet234

Ya I too got the socks and even the halloween makeup like a month back, but now suddenly everything needs to be paid for. That's what is unfair because everything was unlocked before the update so why should we have to pay now!

Message 27 of 117 (1,397 Views)

@Mai653 that's strange... I wonder if it's only ppl with certain phones that have to pay or not. With my stuff i don't but I'm still having the same problem. The internet icon hobby thing keeps popping up every time I load the game back up, that same red dot won't go away with the hats. Like I have to buy something to make it go away?  This is a rlly fun game and it's a shame that they are doing this. I downloaded this game simply because I couldn't afford it on the original platform and was so excited to find it on mobile.  They said there was a sale that would last until Dec 4th, is this the deal they ment?

Message 28 of 117 (1,393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@whackywhippet234

Well the update they rolled out should be pretty much the same on all devices. I'm on iOS, but I know android players facing the same issues. Yeah the red dot thing happens for me to, but no you don't have to buy hats or clothing to make it go away. You just have to open each and every item list and just view it and then the red dot goes away *rolls eyes*. They never make it easy do they!

Ah yes and the sale is a ruse. They make you pay separately for each coloured item and then pay again for the item itself, so in the end you're paying more! But no one from EA has clarified that yet, I had posted requesting for an explanation. I wish someone from EA would say something to all the posts that people have been writing all this while.

Message 29 of 117 (1,379 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Couldnt have said it better myself. I will be taking my money elsewhere if you people want to be greedy.
Message 30 of 117 (1,375 Views)