Re: The Sims Mobile Update - November 26th, 2018 Patch Notes

by sweedeypy

Original Post

The Sims Mobile Update - November 26th, 2018 Patch Notes

EA Live QV Team

Hey Simmers,

We are kicking off this holiday season by transforming parts of town into a winter wonderland! Check out the snowy additions now! You can look forward to a holly jolly Winterfest event soon, including:

• A limited-time quest where you can earn items that give you a head start in Winterfest
  • So many holiday-themed rewards. So, so many. You will be pleased.
    • Seriously though, everything from ugly sweaters to fanciful dress; lawn ornaments to the grandest of holiday trees!
  • ICE SKATING

Additionally, we’ve made some improvements to the Event screen so you can see the rewards more clearly and also see whether clothing items are for men or women.

Also, for one week only, we are holding a Home Catalog sale! All prices are slashed until December 4, 2018 at 10 AM PST. This comes with a change to the catalog where you can buy colors/patterns individually rather than bundled with the item purchase.

Key Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with some event shifts not always appearing
  • Balsa Counters have been added to the Kitchen Basics Collection so that lower-level players can purchase them
  • Fixed a variety of issues that could result in a crash

Thanks for reading and all your continued support of The Sims Mobile!

- SimGuruPaul

P.S. If the update is not showing up in the iOS App Store for you, please try going to your Updates tab and pull down to refresh the page.

Message 1 of 117 (5,699 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Paying additionally for different colours for one item, really??? That’s next leve.

I feel like the only items I’ll be using from now on are the event items so they better be good...😞 

Message 2 of 117 (5,644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruMaaike 

However nice it is to be in winter themed locations- I am beyond livid with the lack of response, help and bug fixes. 

Not only have you jumped to ignoring our bugs but have installed a more "spend more" atmosphere into the game. One that NO PLAYER wants or needs for that matter. Why would we spend more on a game that you are neglecting the basics of? 

As a cash contributor to the game I'd expect the money I put in to be used in developing better content. Not used in turn to make more profit resulting in loss of players. 

So to sum it all up

- you did not fix major bugs 

- you added more content but not valuable content 

- you did not compensate for the lack of professional help for A LOT of lost content for MANY players during the last event. 

Does that sound fair to you? Does that sound like a game YOU would pay to play? It doesn't to me. This game had so much potential. It still can be amazing if you can make our voices heard and make that change. 

- Thanks for listening 

Queen3502 

Make our voices heard! 

#SimsNObile 

Message 3 of 117 (5,615 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The latest update is so disappointing. I am a daily, paying player, but I most likely will stop playing since EA is getting so greedy. They aren't even being subtle about it. "Want this dress? 2K simoleons, please. Want the same dress in a different color? 28sc on top of that." What a joke!!!

Message 4 of 117 (5,557 Views)

★ Guide

I agree. Why make us pay extra for colors of an item.  Didnt b4 and we loved it. That's one thing I liked about this game being able to change colors of items,colthes etc. It made it fun. Won't be paying anything.

Message 5 of 117 (5,538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My child is still stuck as a child for the past 2 weeks and he wants to grow, are we going to just pretend that this bug with sim children getting stuck and not growing isn’t happening? I’m not spending another dime on this game until he becomes an adult...

Message 6 of 117 (5,522 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

*sigh*.....Words cannot explain how upset and disappointed I am with this new update.... I might need a few days to recover, if I ever do....

Message 7 of 117 (5,498 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I didn’t have any issues until I updated, now I see I have all the issues reported with the last update, so from my point of view, the bugs weren’t fixed, and now they haunt my game 🤨 and seriously, now we have to pay for swatches?   😒 Not Impressed!  I really hope this mess is resolved before the winter quest, I’d hate to miss out... again!

Message 8 of 117 (5,491 Views)

★★★ Guide

Covering all the bugs, glichtes and a big increase in prices with a fake sale and bit of snow? Great job, EA! 

Message 9 of 117 (5,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Preach! My events weren’t even fixed, and this purchase by colour thing is disappointing 

Message 10 of 117 (5,377 Views)