Re: The Sims Mobile - Introduce yourself!

by BlueWizardRob

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

You should be able to change the resolution of your screenshots.  Apple defaults to the best resolution available, which is great for most things, but makes large file sizes.  You should be able to reduce the resolution (or quality) of your saves.  Try switching from original or actual to large or medium size.

I work on an iPhone, but I post from my laptop which allows me to resize the pictures, but it can be done on the phone/iPad as well.

Message 31 of 113 (2,804 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@iChokedCupid okay so go into my photos and just edit them down? I read something that an app help shrink them.
Message 32 of 113 (2,800 Views)

★★★ Guide
Yup @JulesDarling I just go into my photos and crop them to a smaller size but I’m sure @BlueWizardRob solution should work too if you are still having trouble!
Message 33 of 113 (2,797 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@iChokedCupid I made them smaller I think ( new to all thins Apple ) and will try and post if I can find my way back! I did find something from an older post by @mamabearboys but am not sure how to even share that. She shared an app that shrinks the pix. Whoa I feel like I am running all over the place! Hee Hee 😜
Message 34 of 113 (2,794 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Let me try @VintageStarlette

Message 35 of 113 (2,785 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
I think it worked @IChokeCupid !!!!
Message 36 of 113 (2,783 Views)

★★ Pro

@JulesDarling Here is a screenshot of the apps I currently decided on. The little blue one is the easy and simple resize app that just shrinks the file size. It does a bit more but I don’t usually use it for that. For example, it has a crop feature but they images look terrible if cropped after reducing the file size. So I just crop first in my photo album that comes with the iPad/Iphone. Then resize. If I do a collage, I can skip resizing app completely because picstitch will give me a resized photo collage that can be uploaded to these forums without the extra step. 

I am trying to find (??! Everyone ??!) what people are doing to get a large black frame around a cropped photo to put a caption speech bubble or other text on. I can add a thick background frame with picstitch I suppose but can’t type on it. I will play around and try to figure out what app combo works for me but I’m sure people have an easier solution than using 2-3 apps for one photo! 

Message 37 of 113 (2,776 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@mamabearboys I actually found your original post and yes it was that app but IChokedCupid told me to just crop them and I was able to upload a photo. I do think that I am going to get the app though because I did end up cropping a lot of the photo. Thank you for you thoughtfulness and taking the time to screen shot the app. That was so sweet! 🌹♥️🌹
Message 38 of 113 (2,775 Views)

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

Please, remember to keep the threads on topic. This is getting far from introductions and it will be a lot to read for newcomers in the future!

Thanks,
-Mai
Message 39 of 113 (2,760 Views)

★★★ Novice
- Who are you? TheGirlInBlue

- What is your in game name? TheGirlInBlue

- What country are you from? US

- Do you play more Sims games? Sims 4 PC

- What other app games do you play? Farm Hero Saga

- What is your favourite Sims game? Sims 2

- What is your favourite thing about The Sims Mobile?

- What level are you currently on in The Sims Mobile? 40
Message 40 of 113 (2,664 Views)