The Sims 4 - Free on PC and Mac until May 28!

by EA_Mai

Original Post

The Sims 4 - Free on PC and Mac until May 28!

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hey Simmers, The Sims 4 Standard Edition is now available for free* for PC/Mac on Origin! :eahigh_file:

If you don't own it yet, this is your chance! If you know of a friend who would enjoy playing with life, spread the word! Wink

1ssc385cau1t.png

How to get it? Follow this link to Origin.com, search for the orange 'Get it Free' button and follow the steps to add it to your Game Library! If you have any questions, take a look at our FAQ article at EA Help.

*Valid until May 28th at 10AM PDT - read all the details and conditions of this offer on Origin.

Update: if you are using the Origin client to add the game to your account and you don’t see the ‘Get it free’ button, clearing your Origin cache should help. Alternatively, use Origin.com in an incognito window.
For any other issues, you might want to ask here Wink

Message 1 of 8 (742 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 - Free on PC and Mac until May 28!

[ Edited ]

Yaaaaaaay!! Party hat

If you run in to any issues with the game please post on The Sims 4 forum:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

If you have any issues installing or with Origin please post on the Origin forum:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/bd-p/origin-technical-issues-en

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (726 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_Mai @Phantomlover1717 

A long time ago I saw that TSM players could unlock loyalty rewards by getting TS4 and syncing their accounts on Origin. I also believe that TS4 players unlocked something on their end, but don’t recall what it was. 

Do you know if this is still a thing that players can do? 

C925498C-C830-4314-AE1E-9AFB100D34CC.png

Message 3 of 8 (690 Views)

That was quite some time ago, I think that expired. The page about it even gives a 404 now. 

In The Sims 4, it rewarded a family portrait as we have in The Sims Mobile. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 8 (658 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Yeah, it looks like it was actually around this time last year. @Phantomlover1717

When I looked into TS4 and loyalty rewards last year I couldn’t find a way to play TS4 on my MacBook — something I read on the Origin site said it wasn’t available for my MacBook and I couldn’t buy or download it. This free offer explicitly says it is available for Macs and I was hoping I’d have another opportunity for the loyalty rewards. I hope EA will consider re-running the loyalty rewards. The bear costume and suit of armor are pretty cool.
Message 5 of 8 (643 Views)

That is odd, do you still have that issue with your MacBook?

Feel free to post about it in the Mac forums if so: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Could be it was last year, the game was released on March 6, 2018 and it was a welcoming gift, introducing the games to both audiences.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 8 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @simmerdownMAL,

I don't remember the exact end date right now, but as @Phantomlover1717 mentioned, that promotion is no longer available. Frown

I'd still recommend giving The Sims 4 a try - worst case scenario, if you don't like it, you can always uninstall it. These are the requirements for Mac:

MINIMUM SPECS:
The Sims 4 will *NO LONGER BE SUPPORTED* on Non-Metal Mac OS machines or PC 32-bit Operating Systems. See FAQ here.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Processor or better
RAM: At least 4 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: At least 14 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better
INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation.

Even if you don't want to play it right now, you can add it to your Game Library now for the future Wink

Message 7 of 8 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_Mai

Thanks for the deets on the specs. I’ll take another look at my MacBook OS to see if I can take advantage of the generous limited time offer. As you said, I can add it to my game library now to possibly play at a future date.

Still,🤞 I hope 🤞 the EA team will consider bringing back the robe, bear costume, and suit of armor to TSM players in the future. EA has been very intentional about re-running events and quests for the past few months to provide new players the opportunity to unlock careers, hobbies, and items they missed last year. I believe TSM players that weren’t around last May would also love to see the return of the loyalty rewards.

Thanks again!

Message 8 of 8 (564 Views)