Re: The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

by PugLove888

Original Post

The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

★★★ Apprentice
How do I make the pregnant female dog to have puppies. it is her labor and I have no clue Frown
Message 1 of 20 (75,386 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It happens automatically.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 20 (75,320 Views)

Champion

@pmcomp  , you are not alone -- many people have had trouble with either getting their pets pregnant, or if they are pregnant then they have problems during labor! ShockedAngryDevil  They get an announcement that states their cat or dog had gone into labor (and sometimes they even get to name the puppies or kitties) but then nothing happens!  (One person stated they have been waiting for several Sim-weeks! 

Is this similar to what you are experiencing? Wondering

Also, other people have mentioned if their pet gets stuck in labor, then they would either travel to another lot and come back, or close the game and come back, and then some of the kitties or puppies would be visible in-game, but not all of them! Disappointed So if it said their dog was giving birth to 3 pups, sometimes only 1 or 2 would show up!  We don't know why this is happening yet, or what to do about it.  Hopefully there will be a work-around solution soon, or better yet a patch to actually fix the problem!  If I find anything out soon, I will let you know! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 20 (75,319 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PugLove888

There is a known bug with kittens/pups not being added to the household if the pet was a stray. I believe a workaround was posted in the Bugs forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 20 (75,307 Views)

EA app Team

Hi,

The thread @jpkarlsen mentions is this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Kitten-Puppies-not-added-to-household-after-birth/m-p/...

You can find other players reporting it there and also The Sims team asking for saves in which the issue happens, in case you are willing to share your save game with them: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Kitten-Puppies-not-added-to-household-after-birth/m-p/...

Cheers,

-Mai

Message 5 of 20 (75,296 Views)

Champion

@jpkarlsen,& @EA_Mai , thanks for the link and also the fact that the problem is primarily with pets that were strays! Raised eyebrow  I haven't managed an animal pregnancy yet in my game, and have only heard feedback from others, but hadn't heard that anyone connected it to the pets having formerly been strays.  Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 20 (75,288 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem too, do you have any male dogs? If not, do you know a stray, male dog? Because, if you do, then click on your female dog and see if there is a 'encourage to mate with' button. If there is, press it and select the dog to mate with, then when they have mated, see, again, if there is a 'encourage to bread with' button. Press that and see if it works. I hope this has helped!

Message 7 of 20 (73,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My Dog is In labor but i dont k ow how to have her give birth, there isnt anything at the vet i can find so how does she have puppies she isnt a stray dog and neither is the boy i have
Message 8 of 20 (72,426 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@willowbug1219

Are you at your home lot? You need to be at your home lot to give birth! Standard smile

Message 9 of 20 (72,403 Views)

★★ Novice
Ty so much been trying to figure out y she wouldnt end labor as soon as i got to home lot she dropped two in my driveway😍😍😍
Message 10 of 20 (66,631 Views)