Re: The Road Ahead For Battlefield 1: Revolution Is Coming

by thesolomongrundy

Original Post

The Road Ahead For Battlefield 1: Revolution Is Coming

EA Community Manager
The Road Ahead For Battlefield 1: Revolution Is Coming - Premium Trials and more on the horizon

These are exciting times for Battlefield 1 players. As we march towards a Revolution for Battlefield 1, here’s a hint of what we have in store for you.

Read on and be prepared. Revolution is coming.

Access New Maps with Premium Trials

Premium Trials is a way for players who don’t own a Battlefield 1 Premium Pass to play on maps they normally wouldn’t have access to. Unlike Premium Friends, Premium Trials doesn’t require you to join a squad with a Battlefield 1 Premium Pass owner – you’ll simply have access to Premium maps by logging into the game*.

The first run of Premium Trials will start with this month’s launch of Prise de Tahure, the urban- and trench-based night map for Battlefield 1. If you do not own a Battlefield 1 Premium Pass, you can use Premium Trials during this period to play Prise de Tahure – along with Nivelle Nights and the 4 other maps from Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass.

Before Gamescom, there will be another Premium Trials event after this first one. In September, another Premium Trials event will be held, meaning all players will have the opportunity to play on previously released expansion pack maps.

Also note that the current Premium Friends period is still active and will last until Gamescom.

Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar

Six new maps, the Russian Army, new weapons, vehicles, and more. Ready for the most extensive Battlefield expansion pack so far? Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar arrives in September, but you’ll get an early taste in August with the release of the snow-covered map Lupkow Pass.

Secure early access with Battlefield 1 Premium Pass

Battlefield 1 Turning Tides

The third expansion pack for Battlefield 1 is just over the horizon. Releasing in December 2017, Battlefield 1 Turning Tides features the epic clashes of the Zeebrugge Raid, the Gallipoli Offensive, and more. 

Apart from the frantic naval battles, you’ll also fight on land and in the air on all-new maps with new weapons. There’s much more intel on Battlefield 1 Turning Tides, but we’ll keep it classified for a bit longer. We do however think you’ll appreciate the naval touch on the expansion’s look and feel. Stay tuned.

Learn more about Battlefield 1 Turning Tides

Battlefield 1 Added to The Vault of EA Access and Origin Access

We’re glad to announce that Battlefield 1 will be added to The Vault of EA Access and Origin Access.

Unsure what this means? Here’s how it works. EA Access lets Xbox One players play dozens of awesome EA titles, exclusive early trials, and more. Origin Access is the same service, but for our PC players**.

The Vault is a collection of full EA games you can download and play as much as you want, so long as you're a member. Battlefield 1 will soon join the 45+ games already in The Vault.

Xbox One player? Learn about EA Access

PC player? Learn about Origin Access

We hope you all are as excited about the future of Battlefield 1 as we are. Stay tuned for the full reveal of the revolution. Until then, see you on the battlefield.

Learn more about the Upcoming Battlefield 1 Content

*REQUIRES BATTLEFIELD 1 FOR APPLICABLE PLATFORM (SOLD SEPARATELY), INTERNET CONNECTION, EA ACCOUNT, AND, FOR CONSOLE PLAYERS, AN XBOX LIVE GOLD OR PLAYSTATION PLUS ACCOUNT (EACH SOLD SEPARATELY). LIMITED TIME FREE TRIAL. TRIAL TIME IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. VALID WHEREVER TRIAL IS AVAILABLE. GAMEPLAY PROGRESS, ACHIEVEMENTS, CHARACTERS, CHARACTER DATA AND/OR ANY OTHER VALUE OR STATUS INDICATORS ACHIEVED IN THE TRIAL WILL TRANSFER TO BATTLEFIELD 1 MAIN GAME ONLY UPON PURCHASE OF BATTLEFIELD 1 PREMIUM PASS.

** CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY. SEE http://www.ea.com/eaaccess AND http://www.origin.com/store/origin-access FOR DETAILS.

Message 1 of 40 (1,731 Views)

Hey @EA_Joker,

Can't wait! Secret

Best regards,
ParaMaster

Message 2 of 40 (1,701 Views)

EA Community Manager

I've seen the concept art and can't wait either - but let's not forget In the Name of the Tsar first!

Message 3 of 40 (1,693 Views)

@EA_Joker

Looking forward to it all! Standard smile

Next step: Night Map "Prise De Tahure" (JULY 2017)

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 4 of 40 (1,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

if only i could play these new maps without 15 grenades coming at me all the time!  are any of the new maps going to limit the explosives?  not being a hater, its just all the new maps i think dont get fully enjoyed with the sprint-and-grenade-spam the game has turned into!  i hope the map design thwarts the massive lob fest of grenades... cant wait for new maps!

(note that trenches and bunkers are actually horrible to be in when it comes to BF1 which is opposite their value - because in BF all folks have INFINITE grenade ammo and can toss a grenade like a MLB outfielder on steroids [i myself have randomly tossed a grenade and been amazed when it killed a guy - more on The World's Greatest Grenade Tosses in another post] so if you are in any of these two you will die more than in an open field imho)

Weapons/GameThings I Hate Now: AT Rocket because its pure fantasy and also a one shot human killer (if it required prone then great but folks can just set it on a window sill and fire), Crossbow because i dont know where this idea came from - pure fantasy magic weapon imo, and Auto Heal - because with auto heal all every single soldier needs to do is just sit and wait, then back to 100%!  why bother with medics?  

This is an ACTION SHOOTER game as long as the weapon and war system exist but honestly its why i play - quick easy fighting, not complicated grand strategy tactics so i find myself being a hypocrite often when i criticize BF1.  i complain about realism when i know i dont want a realistic war game experience (nobody wants real trench warfare if they know their history).

Message 5 of 40 (1,680 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Joker @Its_Travis_199 @b1002e0707956eb0 i can't wait either i got almost 8000 warbonds can't wait for that russian dlc intots i,m so glad to be apart of this makeing in history thank you guy's so much 

Message 6 of 40 (1,674 Views)

@HardCor3Gam3r88

Glad you enjoy Battlefield 1 and like to fight in the History of WW1.

See you on the Battlefield! Standard smile

Message 7 of 40 (1,672 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

you dang right nothing like being apart of history Standard smile

Message 8 of 40 (1,666 Views)

Alright, see you on the Front! Wink

Message 9 of 40 (1,661 Views)