Re: The Problem with MG squads

by AcidSnowScArab

Original Post

★ Novice
@WADofFORCE Mg squads die to zone troppers late game. What's that about?
Message 11 of 19 (723 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Idk what some of you guys are smoking.

Disruptor does AoE damage, MG Squad doesn't have squad mechanics, so they doesn't get 1 shot by a Disruptor when they are set up and it's effective to heal them with Liang drone.

I'm not going into detail right now about how to use them.

Message 12 of 19 (709 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I haven't used the MG squads that much, I find them clunky and unreliable.  ...I generally roll my eyes when I see an enemy roll them out.  However, they are a unit that is worth fiddling with if you want to troll the game a bit.

Message 13 of 19 (673 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

MG Squad speed should in category "faster" or "fastest" because MG squad are very vulnerable when not setup position.

Message 14 of 19 (662 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DarkGarithos You feel a guy carrying a Gatling gun, should move fast? Lol
Message 15 of 19 (650 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@DarkGarithos wrote:

MG Squad speed should in category "faster" or "fastest" because MG squad are very vulnerable when not setup position.

Well, they have to have some weaknesses to make up for their strenghts (cheap price, and effective against both Infantry and Vehicles, which is seldom).

Message 16 of 19 (633 Views)

★ Guide

So if people follow your suggestion and make mg basically unkillable by anything on the ground, you then instantly win against any nod player who doesn't have a venom in their deck. Two mg squads setup will already kill everything before it gets close enough to kill, any damage is then healed with Liang.

They don't need a buff, they just need removing from the game for being boring and op against unlucky players who don't specifically build a deck against them. There's no other two unit combo that is so unbeatable in the early game as mg and missile squads. 50 tib means even if your enemy has a perfect counter it's going to cost minimum 80 tib and a lot of time, long enough you can send a pitbull or whatever else you need because venoms suck and almost no one uses them. 

Message 17 of 19 (603 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Trolloween wrote:

There's no other two unit combo that is so unbeatable in the early game as mg and missile squads. 50 tib means even if your enemy has a perfect counter it's going to cost minimum 80 tib and a lot of time, long enough you can send a pitbull or whatever else you need because venoms suck and almost no one uses them. 

Well, a chem buggy would probably still kill them simply with its raider ability. An MG squad cannot run away from the gas cloud, if it tries to then it is dead anyway.

Message 18 of 19 (594 Views)

★ Guide

It can kill one if they don't use Liang. But that's a 60tib to 30 tib trade off in the early game which is enough to win the first missile easily. Also you have to acknowledge that you're often out levelled and when mg squads are 3-4 above you and you don't have air units it's game over. 

Yeah the same can happen with juggernaut etc but every other game ending combo is late game which gives you a chance to have won the missiles before it rolls out, you can't do that with mg squads which are often he first unit out. 

Message 19 of 19 (590 Views)