The Hardest Races/Events in the NFS franchise

by Luka0101998

Original Post

The Hardest Races/Events in the NFS franchise

★★★★ Guide

Every hardcore NFS player came across one particular event in at least 5 games that really took a whole lot of hours to beat.

Here are my TOP 5 hardest NFS tracks :

1.Kurt`s Killer Ride - Need for Speed Underground

Ok, let me start by saying this....i HATE THIS RACE TO THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART !

This was the 95th race in the Underground mode and it puts you up against 2 RX-7s and an S2000 with 6 laps.

This is my fav NFS but this race was able to make me almost throw my monitor out of the window when i played it for the first time.

No matter what difficulty you set it, you are bound for a very big struggle.

It took me days to finish it each and every time i encounter it.

Only once in my life i managed to somehow beat that race in one try, which happened last year.

I took the R34, downgraded the performance, took out NOS and won.

Underground doesn`t have rubberbanding like some titles (2015 cough) but i`m certain that for some tracks the opponents are like that.

To be honest, the last time i played the game i skipped that event not because i`m scared of being beaten all over again for days but just to enjoy the game and remember how much the game was great.

2. Eddies Challenge number 15 - Need for Speed

The 2015 title is a rubber banding hell, and this race is no different.

Idk if that counts as difficulty since the opponents are scripted but i had to put it here because its a truly awful experience.

The track is too damn long, because of the game`s graphics sometimes i can barely see that traffic car that is bound to hit me and cause frustration because of the crash cam.

While being in front, you know that that won`t last long because the racers, specially Eddie flies past like he has some sort of rocket fuel.

The only way to beat is to stay mid pack during most of the race and pray to god that you will somehow stay in the lead to the last corner.

The car i took to beat it the first time was my first masterbuild - a Toyota GT-86 , which was tuned mid drift for faster cornering and launch control turned on.

3. Pagani Huayra Time Trial Challenge - Need for Speed The RUN

The RUN is one of my fav titles and it sure has some great content, regardless of the 6-7 h campaign.

I remember before NFS 2015 came out, when i saw the first teaser with that green RWB 911 i was sure that i`ve seen one before that game and it occured to me that i have seen one in The RUN, but never driven it.

So i launched the game to be certain and i was right.

BUT, the catch was, the car had a requirement to beat a time trial with a platinum score in order to unlock it.

It was the Black "Natty Dread" 911 GT2.

I already knew that its going to be hard so i practiced a bit and when i got to the track, which unlocks the car, i barely won it.

The track had a Huayra, i don`t remember the location, havent played the game in a long time.

There was little time which required minimal number of mistakes to beat.

It felt impossible but at the end i got to walk away with the best handling car i`ve ever driven in any NFS,it topped even my own builds !

4. Challenge Series #21 Trade Paint - Need for Speed Carbon

Going through this list, this is the only non-race event that i had a hard time with.

It was a cop challenge where you are given this beautiful, classic Chevy Chevelle SS.

The challenge requires you to disable 30 cop cars and escape...

A whole bunch of Corvettes, lots of spike strips and a car that does not handle well (its a classic muscle, duh)

The reward for beating that were pearl window tints.

5. Ryo Watanabe Drift Showdown #1 - Need for Speed Pro Street

I adore drifting, grew up watching Tokyo Drift all over again and following drifters on YT but i never thought that i would litteraly hate to compete in a drift event...until i ecountered the final races of NFS PS.

There was that one particular event that was getting on my nerves, even before Ryo.

Its one of the tracks in the Tokyo dockyard, which began with a long right turn, and ended with only 2 decent drifted corners.

Half of the track had this straight, which had barely any room, surrounded by containers and obsticles.

I don`t remeber the track`s name... 

Half of that track was absolutely awful, and is expected to score around 3,500 points to beat Ryo.

I tried different setups, different cars and barely win the event.

Haven`t tried with a wheel yet but i`m pretty sure it would be no different....

So, there you go, my top 5 hardest NFS events...

What are yours ? comment down bellow !

Message 1 of 2 (7,140 Views)

Re: The Hardest Races/Events in the NFS franchise

★★ Expert

@Luka0101998 

Hey Luka great post here showing off those skills in some of the hard racing events within EA NFS Titles. 

True many of those events can be a burden to defeat. 

I'm just happy you conquered them. 

Enjoy your games but take a lunch break when feeling frustrated with an event. 

Have a great day. 👍😁

Message 2 of 2 (7,112 Views)