The Greatest Raid of All - Grand Operations Map??

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

The Greatest Raid of All - Grand Operations Map??

[ Edited ]
Champion

Are we going to have a mission part of Grand Operations or a single map of the raid told by Jeremy Clarkson? I won't spoil the story too much (video below... excellent watch btw).... The short story is that Allied bombings were ineffective against a German-occupied French dry dock in St. Nazaire, France, which was protected by dozens of AA and a massive gate with its reinforced and sheer thickness of its concrete making it nearly impenetrable from air raids. But what was most troubling to the British higher ups was that this dock was used as a submarine pen and was planned to house the pride of the German Navy, the Tirpitz.

So, the British brass urgently came up with a plan to render the dock useless by taking out its gate so that boats and subs couldn't exit from it. They searched among the ranks for the best of the best and most brazen soldiers to create an ad hoc group of elite soldiers. By the start of the mission, 600 British Commandos were tasked with taking out the dry dock in person. With practically no extraction plan, the soldiers retrofitted a large wooden boat with some weapons, rigged it with a ton of explosives, and rammed it right into the submarine pen's massive gate. However, the bomb didn't go off. By the next morning, most of the Commandos were captured or killed by the 5,000 or so German soldiers based there. As the German soldiers went souvenir hunting on the crashed boat, the boat's bomb finally went off. The British Commandos' efforts that day prevented Germany from having a naval home base in the Atlantic Ocean for the rest of the war.

It would make a really neat Grand Operations. And again, watch the video - I think that you all will like it. It has a surprise ending, too. Standard smile

Just my 2 cents. 

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 1 (384 Views)