Thanks DICE but NO THANKS!

by Darthanelles

Original Post

Thanks DICE but NO THANKS!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Please, stop messing with the healthbars, countdowns, skill & dodge timings, weapon recoils, hero balance, and just add more content and fix the bugs. Give us more stuff to actually have fun with and do the details later, PLEASE. We didn't have a soundbug until you said you've fixed it. We didn't have any problems with many things until you messed with them (except pay to progress issue though we can't even buy emotes with or without paying/playing). We said "let us only pay for cosmetics" now you abandoned the whole game and give us cosmetics through playing. There should be a balance... There must be something you can turn this game into which we all can enjoy. I understand you have expectations as much as we do but how can you reach them by punishing us with lack of content?! Haven't you ever raised your head to look around how do successful developers become successful? How do free2play games are able to make so much money? How can the other games can be with minimum bugs while yours is swarming with them? How could you abandon such a humongous crowd of loyal fans while other developers are able to shine their game titles with no history or popularity before their release? How could you do this to yourselves and us? What do you plan next? Tell us for god's sake! Stop making us foolishly dream by keeping all your plans to yourself, be honest for once and tell us what can we expect to see in Star Wars Battlefront 2 in the future.  What do you offer? Is it more maps, more heroes, more weapons, more story-mode episodes or just a huge nothing? You do well know where this is going... Do not do that to yourself, you have a great chance to make things right and a great mass of people to appreciate if you try. Please, do it. Just do it.

Message 1 of 30 (1,626 Views)

Re: Thanks DICE but NO THANKS!

★★ Guide

@Darthanelles wrote:

Please, stop messing with the healthbars, countdowns, skill & dodge timings, weapon recoils, hero balance, and just add more content and fix the bugs. Give us more stuff to actually have fun with and do the details later, PLEASE. We didn't have a soundbug until you said you've fixed it. We didn't have any problems with many things until you messed with them (except pay to progress issue though we can't even buy emotes with or without paying/playing). We said "let us only pay for cosmetics" now you abandoned the whole game and give us cosmetics through playing. There should be a balance... There must be something you can turn this game into which we all can enjoy. I understand you have expectations as much as we do but how can you reach them by punishing us with lack of content?! Haven't you ever raised your head to look around how do successful developers become successful? How do free2play games are able to make so much money? How can the other games can be with minimum bugs while yours is swarming with them? How could you abandon such a humongous crowd of loyal fans while other developers are able to shine their game titles with no history or popularity before their release? How could you do this to yourselves and us? What do you plan next? Tell us for god's sake! Stop making us foolishly dream by keeping all your plans to yourself, be honest for once and tell us what can we expect to see in Star Wars Battlefront 2 in the future.  What do you offer? Is it more maps, more heroes, more weapons, more story-mode episodes or just a huge nothing? You do well know where this is going... Do not do that to yourself, you have a great chance to make things right and a great mass of people to appreciate if you try. Please, do it. Just do it.

These arn't the droids were looking for.

All we at "EA" care about is Money.$$

As long as we make a profit.Hahahaha,

It's like gambling: we knew this was a 

"Cash Grabbbe" Cliché Procduct,You bet

we'll do it again, And make sure to 

prompte gambling in it,Large smile

Hahahahaha.

Thats how the world works

Thanks 

Message 2 of 30 (1,486 Views)

★ Guide

And make it so that the whole game is actually playable without having to pay for a subscription.  Lame.  I paid $80.00 dollars for the game.  I shouldnt have to pay more just to play it.

Message 3 of 30 (1,479 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Centennialpigon

What exactly do you mean? If you bought the game, that's it - yes, you can pay for crystals, with which you can buy cosmetic items. But that's up to you, and outside of that, there isn't even an option to spend more money on the game.

If you have the game as part of Origin Premium / EA Access - well, that is how it works, that's why it's a subscription.

Message 4 of 30 (1,471 Views)

★★ Pro

@Centennialpigon as much as I would love to have digs at EA over that(just because of the general state of the game) @felker_s is quite right. You can only blame Microsoft for the xbox online subscription, like I get to blame Sony for ps+. The plus side to online subscriptions though is you get to complain and the right to a refund when they don't work, hence they tend to make sure it works. 

Message 5 of 30 (1,444 Views)

★ Guide

I mean i bought the game and cant play ANY of the multiplayer modes without having to buy an xbox live gold membership.  So all i get to play is campaign and arcade.  Whoop!

Message 6 of 30 (1,436 Views)

★★ Pro

@Centennialpigon yeah campaign and arcade leave alot to be desired. Don't go out and get yourself an online subscription just for this game let me tell ya. Just because xbox gotta make it work doesn't mean EA do the best job, the multiplayer experience atm is pretty 💩 at least 75% of the time. 

Message 7 of 30 (1,431 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Centennialpigon

I see. This stems from the greed of MS and Sony, you can't exactly blame game developers for this one.

Paid multiplayer is something that us console players have to live together with - yes, it's total nonsense, but at least it's not a huge price either, and sometimes comes with pretty neat games (I'm replaying DA2 because of this right now).

Message 8 of 30 (1,429 Views)

★ Guide

Very true lads but in my case crappy multiplay is better than none. And true its not alot of money its just about principles.  Good point, subscrip comes w/ free games, and i do also need it for battlefront 1 so i may have to bite the bullet.  I had a taste of multiplay for 4 days ( weird story ), and fell in love.  Ive been fighting to get it back since.

Message 9 of 30 (1,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CentennialpigonHi - just butting in as another Xbox live player. There are ways to share the XB live gold cost with a good friend and still with all the benefits such as occasional free games etc. I do with my grandson.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."