Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Game in general
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) The new patch from yesterday ~ April 30 30/4/2019
Summarize your bug The tank sensitivity after the patch is reset and u can't make it work like before. The turret is extremely sensitive and if you lower it (for first person aiming with zoom so you can be accurate at range) then you get extremely slow 3rd person sensitivity so u can barely turn around.... why is there no option to adjust 3rd person sensitivity independently? I have to literally swipe my entire mousepad TWICE (G-SR) to do 1 360 in 3rd person (or lift my mouse like 7 times) I play tanks a lot so no I'm not confused and yes I've tried everything. No patch has done this before. Please fix this or add a sensitivity slider for 3rd person in vehicles because this is honestly unplayable for me. Imagine if suddenly your infantry sensitivity was all messed up and you couldn't fix it to fit your playstyle.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know if it's a bug but I am guessing it is because this patch messed around with the speed of the turrets on tanks.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens. You're slow like a turtle.
What should be happening instead? Playing the game instead of playing a mouse lifting simulator.

Patch here https://reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/biq3az/battlefield_v_tides_of_war_chapter_3_trial_by/

From the notes, I am guessing this caused it:

Tank Turret speed revision: The heavy and medium tanks have had their base turret speed increased and the power of the upgrade has been reduced from 125% turn speed to 115%. We felt that the base turret speed was too slow, so players were effectively required to pick the turret turn speed upgrade to be competitive. By making this change, we enable more diverse builds without sacrificing the physical feeling of the turrets. This change also applies to AA tanks and tank hunters. Tanks should find that they are now more able to brawl with infantry at close and medium ranges.

Message 1 of 5 (422 Views)

Re: Tank sensitivity is bad after the April 30 Patch

Community Manager

The team made the following change to tank turret sensitivity in the latest update:

• Tank Turret speed revision: The heavy and medium tanks have had their base turret speed increased and the power of the upgrade has been reduced from 125% turn speed to 115%. We felt that the base turret speed was too slow, so players were effectively required to pick the turret turn speed upgrade to be competitive. By making this change, we enable more diverse builds without sacrificing the physical feeling of the turrets. This change also applies to AA tanks and tank hunters. Tanks should find that they are now more able to brawl with infantry at close and medium ranges.

(Source)

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

That's what I said? They broke everything sensitivity wise in the process of doing that. We don't have a slider for 3RD person sensitivity to compensate for this change

Message 3 of 5 (375 Views)

Community Manager

@FourzeroBF 

You reported this as a bug so I wanted to make sure it was clear this was an intended change. Moved your post to the game feedback boards.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It is a bug. The speed of the turret (which is baseline now) was possible to get by using the perk. It was also possible to have slow sens for zoom + fast sens for 3rd person while using that perk (or not using it). After the patch, being able to do that is no longer a thing. The turret speed was changed in a way that did something to the turret's sensitivity which is clearly unintentional if this was possible to achieve before.

Also, the speed of the turret is not linked to how fast you aim in first person or 3rd person. They're two separate things. What they changed is just the overall speed limit of the turret, not how fast you can aim but it ended up affecting both.

If we don't understand each other then bugs will just keep sneaking into the game and be considered features. This is NOT a feature and if you play the game often with tanks you'd immediately notice this.

Message 5 of 5 (332 Views)