Re: Taking a break from The Sims

by PugLove888

Original Post

Taking a break from The Sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

im also taking a break from sims until they have fixed my problem with the game. Family Tree is one of them but theres ones where I've heard others are experiencing also. its been happening since last update. my sims families all seem to be having kids with only green eyes and are only looking more like there father instead of being mixed like both there parents. I've had this same issue on sims 2 where the kids only look exactly like the dad and nothing like there mother. I've never had an issue with the eyes before. i find it rather annoying that I'm only seeing green eyes in my game. i love green eyes, don't get me wrong lol. but seeing every person in my game with green eyes is just too much. i admit that the one parent has different eye colour but still I'm only getting green eyes and them only looking more like there father.

i hope this makes sense. 

Message 1 of 6 (322 Views)

Re: Taking a break from Aug 20th - Aug 25th

★★ Novice

i also want to say that i don't use mods or download anything from other websites. i only buy things off from the origin store. 

Message 2 of 6 (319 Views)

Re: Taking a break from Aug 20th - Aug 25th

EA app Team
Hi @MaddyxShan,

I moved your post to a new thread to avoid the original one going off topic. Wink

On the Bugs forum, we try to keep one thread for each issue - that allows easier communication. For example, we are discussing Family Tree here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Family-Tree-is-broken-since-7-31-18-patch/m-p/6951790#M69...

Cheers,
-Mai
Message 3 of 6 (305 Views)

Champion

@MaddyxShan, I haven't had an in-game birth in a while because I've been experimenting a lot with Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Jungle Adventure, and Laundry Day, so all of my Sims' offspring have been done in CAS where I can randomize the genetic mix to get a good representation of both parents.  So, thank you for this information! Angel I will be on the lookout for it. (I will probably test it this week!) I usually make my parents look different on purpose to be able to achieve and see an interesting genetic mix.  

Do you know if this is pretty much a problem for everyone who has a birth in-game, or just some people?  Wondering  I don't play with CC or Mods either, so I'm a good person to test it.  I will probably try for twins and triplets with the reward traits and the lot traits just to see if it happens with every birth or just the majority, etc. Nerd

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

thanks for replying! i got it fixed! thanks to the last update. i shouldn't be having the same problem anymore. I'm not experiencing something different now and hopefully you can help me.

Message 5 of 6 (254 Views)

Champion

@MaddyxShan, I'm glad the last update fixed your problem! Party hat :eahigh_file:

I already started a fresh test family with parents that had different features (to be easier to tell if children were just looking more like dad than mom.  Also I gave them brown and blue eyes to test the frequency of green eyes popping up in offspring.  I gave their lot the Ley Line trait to make it likely to have multiple births and they just conceived before I quit playing last night.  While I will still play them, I now don't have to test them like I was going to. Large smile Wink

Thanks for updating me on this! 

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 6 (242 Views)