Re: Taco Panic / CTT Tips

by spIash_damage

Original Post

Taco Panic / CTT Tips

Champion (Retired)

There's a novel to be written on these game modes but I'll strictly cover tips for running the taco here.

The most important advice I can give is to choose a fast character to run the taco.  Secondly, DON'T engage every enemy you see.   Learn to pick your fights and predict where the taco will spawn. If you haven't caught on yet, the taco spawns where the least amount of players are and it never spawns in the same place twice.  Considering the taco only spawns in three locations per map, if you can observe everyone's locations, it's EASY to predict 70%+ of the spawns.

I play with any fast characters and use the speed boost.  My favorites are Twilight Chomper, Roadie or Mechanic, Toxic Brains, Rugby Star, and Alien Flower.

If you find yourself outnumbered, sabotage the opponent just near their base instead of engaging in obvious areas (this goes for all characters).  Play your abilities and health down to the last second and take advantage of the life replenishment that comes with grabbing the taco :

I wanted to show the advantages of Twilight Chomper with burrow enabled (very few people take advantage of this playstyle) so I'll give a little advice on this specific character and capturing/running the taco:

It's imperative not to digest anyone while you have the taco.  I'd rather goo/chomp someone and not swallow them so as to keep my speed/avoid the digestion cool down.  Before you grab a taco, try to set spikeweeds on your exit pathways and goo anyone in sight. 

After you capture a flag, the majority of the time, your abilities will have regenerated during the taco run.  DON'T try to kill everyone.  Many times, you'll have someone dead to rights and your team can finish them off, if you catch them in spikeweeds/goo so resist the temptation to spam abilities; they're tools/keys to successful taco running!  Being frag-greedy is horrible for capping tacos and camping the expected/incoming spawns is imperative. 

As soon as you capture a taco (map/taco-spawn location dependent), burrow back to the next spawning taco and save your abilities until just before you grab the taco.  Sometimes, the enemy will beat you to the taco and instead of trying to kamikaze into the taco/race your opponent, slow down and let them grab the taco so their abilities will be neutralized. 

Lastly is the running itself.  When you have the taco, try to run in a random line, if enemies have you in their sights. Duck behind rocks, buildings, etc, anything that can obstruct someone's aim/incoming bullets and don't give up regardless how low your health gets.

Much of my advice can be seen in these videos:

I hope that helps someone... I'm sure I'm forgetting tons.  

Message 1 of 11 (7,231 Views)

★★ Guide
@spIash_damage Thanks!
Message 2 of 11 (7,135 Views)

★★ Guide
@HailBifrostGlow I'm finally back
Message 3 of 11 (6,504 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@HailBifrostGlow wrote:
@HailBifrostGlowI'm finally back

I'm onto Battle For Neighboville now.  

=[

It's not as fun as GW2 just yet but they're really putting work into the game.  December 2nd will bring the game (pending patch success) into a better spot.  I'm hoping by the end of January, all adjustments and balances will be made to address the upcoming changes (it's a MASSIVE patch so until it goes live, there's no way to tell what needs balancing).  

Time to kill is being reduced by 30% and we can finally aim a little better (sensitivities' max settings increased).

If a GW3 is ever made, I'd be on it like yesterday.

Message 4 of 11 (6,488 Views)

★★ Guide
@spIash_damage GW2 feels so different from BFN once I go back.
Message 5 of 11 (6,479 Views)

@HailBifrostGlow wrote:
@spIash_damage GW2 feels so different from BFN once I go back.

Yeah, as in "wow, I can actually kill anyone!"

Message 6 of 11 (6,444 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@pandareno1999 wrote:

@HailBifrostGlow wrote:
@spIash_damageGW2 feels so different from BFN once I go back.

Yeah, as in "wow, I can actually kill anyone!"

Yeah, man.... my patience is all but gone and I'm only doing daily challenges now.  Sad story.  I actually wish GW2 servers were big/full and I'd be happy to come back.  Team Swap has taken on a whole new meaning in BfN.

=[

Message 7 of 11 (6,425 Views)

[ Edited ]

I don't play a lot, but when I do (at night PST) I usually find decent sized lobbies with the same assortment of cancer players I was used to before.  I've moved on to Overwatch, which it turns out I'm better at.  It takes using your brain more and is less about clicking 4heds.

Message 8 of 11 (6,419 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I've been playing all 3 games this entire time but BfN just hasn't been as fun or as functional as GW2 (my favorite PvZ shooter) and with the announcement of BfN no longer getting updates I've been hitting GW2 more lately and I really miss CTT. I loved Taco Bandits in GW, and while CTT is different in many ways, it's a great mode that I miss and wish we could play again.

Message 9 of 11 (5,323 Views)

★★ Guide
@Iron_Guard8 Same, though I prefer GW2 over BFN, it's still sad to see BFN get cancelled not even one year after it launched
Message 10 of 11 (5,296 Views)