TOTAL UNBALANCED unless you pay to win

by punishertrd

Original Post

Re: TOTAL UNBALANCED unless you pay to win

★★★★ Guide
you all do realize that this post was posted in sept when the game was all sorts of jacked up
Message 11 of 20 (739 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
80% of the time I match with players twice my lvl with access to vehicles way better that mine. Pair me with a player of similar lvl is all I am asking. Kills the vibe when you lose all the time because of zero player balancing matches
Message 12 of 20 (645 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @travlhende830,

Thanks for your feedback. Currently, matches are made based on medal count, not unit or player level. Those are considered to determine if the match should be considered a challenge battle. I will pass your suggest on to the rest of the team.

If you ever have any questions about facing tougher opponents (e.g. units you haven't unlocked yet or higher level units) please feel free to ask here or on Discord. The community is usually happy to help players out.

Message 13 of 20 (628 Views)

★ Novice

Seems to be a bit more than a coincidence that I’m facing the same problem.  Almost every player I faced in the blitz tournament were at cap 10. How is that in any way fair?   You can add all the best things in the world to make it possible to earn cards and currency more efficiently but as long as that diamond currency exists and the match ups are based on medals the game in its entirety is broken. Paying diamond now for tournaments ruined opportunities at a better win streak unless you have money for diamonds.  Being able to pay to level up makes my level seems meaningless now because I earned it, but someone can start today and pay to get to my level.  If diamonds were significantly more accessible to free to play gamers that would help, but ultimately better balancing with match ups will be the only real way to create fairness.  And this is not a new problem, yet after all the updates it’s the one that has not been worked on.  We don’t want a chance to get new units that we will still struggle to use against significantly stronger players, we want fair matches. No coaching is going to make that unbalance go away.  As long as the units weak against my units are 2 lvls higher the advantage is still in favor of the stronger.  I really like this game but the pay to win is killing it.  Someone can easily pay to get max lvl and max lvl units of all kinds and be at the same medal count as me.  And I’m supposed to face that person fairly?   

Message 14 of 20 (623 Views)

★ Novice

Agreed.  I thought about spending on this game so many times but by now I know better.  I’m already used to playing games that empty out your wallet and make you some how still feel unaccomplished at the end.  I have never paid large sums for any game but know of and speak to people who do.  I play for free for a while to try it out first and gain a full grasp of the games mechanics. Then I determine if it’s something I can put money into.  As broken as this game is atm EA isn’t getting a penny from me.  

Message 15 of 20 (620 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @XCadicusX,

For the Credit Blitz, the Diamond League is the highest placement possible. That means it has players from Diamond, Master and Tiberium Leagues playing in the same league. So yes, it is very likely that you will face opponents at the unit level cap when playing the Credit Blitz. Of course, there are also those who haven't maxed out their units, so it's entirely likely that you will face them as well.

Matchmaking in Rivals Champions and Blitz also work differently than on the ladder. For these events, matchmaking attempts to match you with opponents who have approximately the same win/loss record as you. So if you are 6 - 0, the matchmaking tries to find an opponent who is also 6 - 0.

Paying isn't the only way to get higher level units. Many people have put in time grinding their unit levels without paying any, or very little, money. When a new player joins the game, the opponent that is +2 levels higher may not have spent any money - they just may have been playing for longer.

Message 16 of 20 (615 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
part of your frustration is in this blitz all tib, and masters players were all lumped into diamond, and most of them are at or well over the cap. And since the game attempts to pit you against those with a similar win count, you are going to play against people who are closer to the cap the more wins you get. That, and most masters/tib players have spent considerable time learning how to counter tech rush strategies, so your strat is hard pressed to win on non tech maps. But I hear your frustration. I believe the next event on the 19th is going to be flat level blitz (everyone capped at level 9) so perhaps you will have better luck with that one? You are pretty close. If not, the blitz on the 26th is going to be level 6 cap, so you should be a top contender for that one for sure! So don't lose hope!
Message 17 of 20 (614 Views)

★★ Novice

Thats the issue im having right now. And on top of that * you play a regular match that is NOT a challenge match and you lose, you lose like 25 tokens. But if you win one that IS a challenge match (or even regular for that matter) you only gain like 15 tokens. Talk about balanced.

Message 18 of 20 (595 Views)

★★ Guide

This game is a total dumpster fire. I believe it hasnt crashed and burned because its a mobile game. EA has two flops at the moment, Anthem and Battlefield V, complete disasters. 

Message 19 of 20 (573 Views)

★ Guide
Agreed Anthem is a total crash and burn. When the players are doing boycotts then ya you know its bad. As for BF V I'm not quite sure but it has crashed yet. I am waiting for the firestorm and see what happens then. As for this game tho, ya its starting to crash and burn with a lot of really bad ideas coming from high command.
Message 20 of 20 (558 Views)