Re: Switching teams in the middle of the game?

by agentevil007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Switching teams in the middle of the game?

★ Guide

Switching teams in the middle of a game has ruined the game! It is the worst thing I've ever come across in a multi player game. 

It take a borderline bad match an just makes it worst. Imo

Message 1 of 17 (6,845 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

We can't stop people leaving the game, but we can stop people changing side once the game started. You've a few seconds before the game started to change side (assuming it's imbalance). If it's already balanced, you can't change side anymore.

Here steps:

1. Game started, server try to balance it as much as possible (already implemented).

2. People can switch side to least player team before game start.

Server enforced that only one player can switch at time. They implement queuing so we can't have multiple players switch at same time . Once the team is balance, they can't switch anymore (NEW).

3. Game started and you can't switch side anymore (NEW)

4. If people leave the game, it will be in balance (can't do anything about this).

5. New players join the game will go to least player team. Once they join, they stuck there until the round is finished (NEW)

6. Server keeps adding new players and balances it naturally. 

What do you guys think?

View in thread

Message 10 of 17 (6,615 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I’ve all but quit playing because of this... 90% of the time I join a server, teams are unfair.

I joined a Taco game earlier and my entire team had 0 kills, they were losing 0-7, and 3 or 4 people on the winning team had (or very close to) double digit kills.

The match ended 11-4 tacos scored. I managed 15 kills and the closest to me (on my team) was ~8 kills. 4 or 5 people had over 20 kills on the other team...

I bet I have 500+ screenshots of extremely lopsided servers.

Message 2 of 17 (6,756 Views)

★★★ Guide

It definitely is a problem. Cross play and waiving the need for PS Plus and xbox live would help greatly. More players and more servers would make the online a lot better.

Message 3 of 17 (6,748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

this is just one example of the Capture The Taco few hrs ago, and always none of the other side tried to switch to our side, i really so much hope that in the next PvZ game there would be auto-balance every next round/capture etc. at least i find it funny here, as the most of the zombie players was using as usual the Toxic Brainz and they thought they're untouchable, while i was using the Twilight Chomper Wink 

Message 4 of 17 (6,737 Views)

No one is going to swap to a losing team while they're grinding for rainbow stars.

Message 5 of 17 (6,724 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@pandareno1999 wrote:

No one is going to swap to a losing team while they're grinding for rainbow stars.

I switch regardless.

Often... 😊

Message 6 of 17 (6,718 Views)

★ Guide
I was in a game yesterday, I was on the winning team who totally out numbered the other team 6 players to 2, the score was 22 to 4. It was very boreing and every who entered the game just left.

I felt bad for them and was about to quit but decided to switch to the losing team. We came back but didn't win but it was a lot more fun then a blowout.
Message 7 of 17 (6,699 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This is indeed an annoying issue. I hate switching teams mid-game, if I'm on a team that is losing badly I'll try to stick it out and at least inflict some pain on the other team or I'll just return to my backyard and do something else. One thing I used to with @Gormey when we were in portal events is switch to the losing side to help balance it out. This is especially egregious with the ability to have one team significantly larger than the other. It's not a big deal when it's 10-9 or 12-11 but when it's 5-1, it's not even worth playing. The teams should always be as close in size as possible based on the current number of players in a match, even if this splits groups up.

Message 8 of 17 (6,694 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have to say that there are way too many people leaving the game.

As for swapping sides, I've said it's a huge problem for sure. After the game starts, this option should be turned off.

Message 9 of 17 (6,633 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

We can't stop people leaving the game, but we can stop people changing side once the game started. You've a few seconds before the game started to change side (assuming it's imbalance). If it's already balanced, you can't change side anymore.

Here steps:

1. Game started, server try to balance it as much as possible (already implemented).

2. People can switch side to least player team before game start.

Server enforced that only one player can switch at time. They implement queuing so we can't have multiple players switch at same time . Once the team is balance, they can't switch anymore (NEW).

3. Game started and you can't switch side anymore (NEW)

4. If people leave the game, it will be in balance (can't do anything about this).

5. New players join the game will go to least player team. Once they join, they stuck there until the round is finished (NEW)

6. Server keeps adding new players and balances it naturally. 

What do you guys think?

Message 10 of 17 (6,616 Views)