Suspicious Cheaters

by Metropolis007

Original Post

Re: Suspicious Cheaters

★★★ Novice

Obviously the developers don’t play online against regular players or they would see the Cheats themselves. You can’t play online against more than 10 players and not see at least one person who is cheating, at least at the higher levels.

Message 31 of 44 (841 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, there are many more cheaters now. The sad thing is that EA doesn't seem to care.  Nothing is being done about it.  I played the game ALOT when it first came out and advanced rather quickly (being a CNC fan from way back, knowing game strategy, units, etc).  When you have played the game as much as I have it is easy to spot a cheater!

Message 32 of 44 (836 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Super10Steve 

So where is the evidence? Where are the recorded videos which show that somebody is cheating?

Message 33 of 44 (827 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Since everyone here who were accused cheaters here failed to accurately describe what he consides cheating or provide evidance, I list a few examples which are not cheating.

If your opponent spams cheap units like Missile Squad, Drone Swarm or Attack Bikes after the first missile, while he have a small unit count and you are making tech units slowly, it is completely usual.

If your opponent keeps killing your harvester that you carelessly rebuilt and gained a lot of resource off of it to make units, that can occure easily.

If your opponet plays without a hervester for some reason, he can make chep units reguardless of the lack of harvester. No harvester decks were played in the meta before.

Message 34 of 44 (794 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ah, the old Lance Armstrong defense.  There's so much cheating in this game it isn't even funny.  Ion cannons every 10 seconds, churning out high cost units with no harvesters ... 

Message 35 of 44 (726 Views)

Ion cannons being used often is usually late in the game when tiberium is given to you faster. Look at the rate of tiberium you get during the first missile of your next game compared to how fast you get it after the 2nd missile goes off. 

Also, you’ll notice the cool down period that you can pump out units also changes and is faster after the 2nd missile compared to at the beginning of the game. 

Message 36 of 44 (713 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@captainreverb wrote:

Ah, the old Lance Armstrong defense.  There's so much cheating in this game it isn't even funny.  Ion cannons every 10 seconds, churning out high cost units with no harvesters ... 

Most claims about cheating are made by people who don't understand the game mechanics fully. Recently there was a guy who claimed their opponent was cheating. Turns out that their opponent's Centurion was not destroyed by an Ion Cannon blast. Well that's how this unit works, it has a shield that will absorb the first hit which it takes.

Everybody who claims that there is cheating should simply be forced to post the replay. I guarantee you that in 99% of all cases, there is no cheating where people think there is.

Message 37 of 44 (697 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@captainreverb wrote:

Most claims about cheating are made by people who don't understand the game mechanics fully. Recently there was a guy who claimed their opponent was cheating. Turns out that their opponent's Centurion was not destroyed by an Ion Cannon blast. Well that's how this unit works, it has a shield that will absorb the first hit which it takes.

Everybody who claims that there is cheating should simply be forced to post the replay. I guarantee you that in 99% of all cases, there is no cheating where people think there is.

If you want to find out if its possible to cheat the game, go ahead and search in a search engine "C&C Rivals cheating device". I'm sure all that pop out would be for other games. My best bet for someone to actually cheat is to try and manipulate the code of the game itself. He could like double the rate of his harvesters. The server should check the client so the game remains unmodified. If its modified, then the person is trying to cheat. I wouldn't like anyone pushing out 4 harvesters at once for something like 20 tiberium or less.

Message 38 of 44 (682 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

still no evidence??

Message 39 of 44 (646 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@DarkGarithos wrote:

still no evidence??

I didn't want to search if it was possible to cheat or not. It seems to me tech is cheating. They may as well nerf the 2nd harvester and allow a 3rd and 4th one. 1st harvester has normal rate, 2nd has 75%, 3rd has 50% and 4th has 25%. The prices for each harvester should be changed, 1st is still 60, 2nd is 50, 3rd is 30, and 4th is 20. The army limit is also increased from 5 units to 7 to compensate for the number of harvesters.

Message 40 of 44 (636 Views)