Re: Survey for crystals legit?

by RaiderOne

Original Post

Survey for crystals legit?

★ Apprentice

I was on YouTube earlier and a video came up saying you can fill in surveys to get crystals in SWGOH. I've done a similar thing with the google/android survey app to earn a few quid but it was never really substantial. I know you can link a facebook account to get a small reward so being intrigued I clicked the link to see the website.

The site offers 5-25k crystals for downloading a couple of apps and a few questions. I did not complete the action as alarm bells immediately went off as I realised, they are offering hundreds of dollars’ worth of crystals for almost nothing.

As I said, I have not completed the survey and at this point I’m not going to share the website in question unless asked by a Moderator.

Is this a legitimate action or just some scam or hack?

Message 1 of 5 (768 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @RaiderOne

Thanks for popping this up. That sounds really dodgy. 😲 Please don't download anything from that ad and flag it using the steps in this EA Help Article  How to report cheating, hacking or scam websites". You  won't need to click on the ad to flag it, adding the YT video and describing what you saw, similar to what you've shared here should do the trick. Standard smile

- Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 5 (723 Views)

★ Apprentice

The steps given in that article say to do this;

Contact us via email from EA Help to submit your report

1. Click on Contact Us.
  2. Choose the game and platform where you have the concern.
  3. Choose Report concerns or harassment.
  4. Select the Report website.
  5. Click Select contact option.
    • Then we’ll ask you to enter your name and email address.

When you select Galaxy of Heroes and enter your device there is no option to report a website, only a player or a bug.

Message 3 of 5 (717 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @RaiderOne,

That's really odd O.O I've tested it myself and ran into the same issue. Thanks for bringing that to our attention, I'll send up a report to flag that.

In the meantime, could you choose another game? The default options would be "Origin" as the game and 'PC' as the platform and they should work for the purposes of getting that report in. When I tested those choices, the correct options outlined in that article popping up for me. You should see this:

Report concerns or harrassment.PNG

When you press "Select the contact option", it will generate an email template for you to add links, screenshots and any relevant information you feel would help with the investigation. 

Report concerns or harrassment 2.jpg

If you aren't getting these results either, do let me know. There might be something up there that we'll need to look into for you. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 5 (709 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Lanna 

I have reported it as per request.

Message 5 of 5 (701 Views)