Re: Suggestions for madden 22 franchise

by phillycheese917

Original Post

Suggestions for Franchise Mode in Madden NFL 22

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I think the biggest thing with me being a franchise, player. Besides being an owner I feel like it doesn’t give you that overall experience of building a dynasty to continue playing for years on end. I know for a fact if I could start off as a Off/Def coordinator then work my way up to head coach it would at least give me some substance. I feel like besides being an owner you don’t really get any substance to want to play the franchise for longer than 2-3 years(in game). I know for a fact the adding of a coaching carousel like the ones in NCAA 12-14 would at least bring some substance back to the coaching aspect of franchise mode. This is something that should be thought about and added to EVERY madden game that’s coming out in the future. 

EA_Blueberry: Removed ALL CAPS from post title

Message 1 of 27 (4,154 Views)

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR FRANCHISE MODE MADDEN 2022

Community Manager

@Kosharoni 

Thanks for the submission! The team is planning to make big changes to coaching personnel in Madden NFL 22. I know a lot of players want to see a coaching carousel and also have former players become NFL coaches. Will pass this along!

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 27 (4,128 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

THAT WOULD BE SO DOPE, PASS IT ALONG AND STAY ON THEM ABOUT BOTH IDEAS THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE!! I Can’t wait to see and play It! 

Message 3 of 27 (4,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What about making big trades possible like multiple first round draft picks like we saw for Mathew Stafford. Or the big trades on draft day when 3 or 4 first round picks get traded to move up to be number 1. If y’all used the NBA 2k trade system it would be nice and also the find a trade button like on NBA 2k. 

Message 4 of 27 (4,031 Views)

Community Manager
@komedyc23 The team already announced they're looking into better Trade logic for 22. I'm not entirely sure if there is going to be an improved trade system going into the draft, but I like where you're going with that.
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 27 (3,987 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can we get a Simulation mode?  I know you guys signed an exclusive contract to be the only provider of Sim mode, but its been about 10 years now and we still don't have it. I just watched a 165lb RB truck a 330lb DT. Your game is completely animation based and has no physics whatsoever. Calling this Sim, is like saying GTA is a real life simulator. Madden is closer to NFL Blitz than it is to simulation football.

Message 6 of 27 (3,934 Views)

Suggestions for madden 22 franchise

★★ Novice

For future maddens they should expand on the coaches whether you are an owner or a coach. Suggest you being able to hire Offensive coordinator and defensive coordinators who can over a season help change different player traits.

Examples would be a qb with trigger happy an offensive coordinator should be able to slowly change traits over the course of a season. Maybe have the time it takes to change traits based off their levels or something. 

Another suggestion would be that they could also slowly change superstar player abilities based off their current archetype. This would alleviate issues where you are stuck with an ability related to the archetype when they became superstar etc. The archetype evolves based off how we like to play the game and this would also allow for a more customizable franchise experience. These suggestion also don’t seem too difficult to implement and I’m sure many people would appreciate these changes. 

if anyone else has any additional suggestions comment below!

Message 7 of 27 (3,921 Views)

★★ Novice

Bump

anyone else have any additions or other ideas? 

Message 8 of 27 (3,890 Views)

Game Mode Idea

★★★★ Apprentice

Create a team . its where you make trade for your team under a certain budget. pretty much franchise but you trade and make your team

Message 9 of 27 (3,861 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'd like to see a learning curve introduced according to scheme fit, familiarity, and difficulty of playbook. For instance, a linebacker who played Sam in college shouldn't be able to come in and play Mike in the pros without skipping a beat. Same with an ILB in a 3-4 scheme switching to MLB in a 4-3. Or a qb in a spread scheme in college like so many college systems being able to come in as a rookie and have immaculate footwork under center. Moving onto free agency, a player shouldn't be able to come in mid season and have a full understanding of a playbook with 200 plays in it, unless of course, they have played in that system before, be it with the same coordinator or within the same coaching tree. Coaches should have an offensive or defensive specialty with their coordinators (which also need to exist) there to either boost their specialty, call plays ( which needs a major overhaul. If every time you come out in a certain formation, you run the same play and the defense never figures it out, are the even looking at film? Are they paying any attention to the game at all?), or to completely run the other side of the ball.  With a coaching change, the play book should be restricted until the players become familiar over time, keeping a drastic change from being at all successful. Like switching from a 1 gapping 4-3 under cover 3 press scheme to a blitz heavy 3-4 man scheme. Or on offense, going from a power blocking or gap blocking scheme to a zone blocking scheme. There should be some variety of penalty for asking players unfamiliar with the scheme to do too much. For instance, blown coverages or poor run fits on defense. Or on offense, wrong routes for receivers on occasion, mislabeled route combos for qbs, and missed blocking assignments or incorrectly ran run plays for linemen and running backs. I think this would make the game more true to real life and be more thought provoking when choosing free agents or picking who is truly the best player available in the draft. In the real world, there are still superstars who are far and away better than the rest, but the talent gap isn't nearly as broad as what madden makes it out to be. Any player can be serviceable when they are put into a position to succeed and the coach plays to his strengths and he is smart enough to pick up the playbook and disciplined enough to do his job. So in conclusion, I think there should be a major emphasis put on coaching. A coach is so much more than a playbook, but that is about all the coach is in madden. There is no personality in playcalling, whether the are.  A move the sticks type, round it up the middle type, or go for it all and ask questions later type. The playbook and the xp scheme should be tied to each other and not so simplistic, who changes schemes but not the playbook? And what does it even do besides give more xp and make teams move on from players in favor of "scheme fits" that really aren't anyways. There needs to be a reboot of positional descriptions such as EDGE, IDL, NT, off ball Lb, single high safety, box safety, etc. Etc. All the teams are without personality and they're like the same team. Coaches have none. Players at least have traits to give them a little personality, but I think there needs to be more. So, to recap, game needs a major coaching reboot. Give any player the chance to succeed and *gasp* fail. Give entire teams the chance to fail through poor decisions. And sometimes need a complete overhaul. Give some personality to the game through coaching, playcalling, and quarterback play too I suppose. Make it so you can put a player in position to succeed but that can't exist unless there is a situation in which that player can be put into a position to fail. Change up the positional descriptions to match the times. ROLB and LOLB? Doesn't exist. It's SAM and WILL now. They're all just LBs coming out of college though. They get those terms only once they are withing the scheme. Don't get me started on the intricacies of coverage. Rules of pattern matching and whatnot.  I could go on all day but I'm gonna stop right here

Message 10 of 27 (3,869 Views)