Re: Suggestions for madden 19 CFM

by CaptKasper

Original Post

Re: Suggestions For Madden 19 CFM

★★ Novice

Crowd noise also, make the routes go fuzzy or just have a really random and odd snap of the ball if the crowd noise is so loud, obviously it's a 1 in a 1,000 play, but that element of randomness makes football. I personally prefer playing on the road, as the opposing crowd noise and hostile environment is fun to play in, but I'd love to have that really emphasized. Going to Seattle, Pittsburgh, Foxborough, intimidating, but it creates an atmosphere. 

Wear and tear also, maybe when a running back is 20-27, playing a full season at a high volume of carries does not deteriorate the proposed wear and tear bar, but as the player gets older or carries are exceptionally high, this decreases and so does the overall. Same with a 39 year old Quarterback, why continue to play him in a blow out? Sure you can avoid injury, but you also want him fresh (a small reason why Tom Brady has lasted so long and Peyton hasn't, Peyton refused to be benched, as an All-time great that's understandable - he commands that respect, but ultimately it may have cost him another year or so). The same with the end of the season, why should we rest our starters? They either get injured or not, that's not a real incentive. However if they're worn down, tired, that rest is required. 

Also, fatigue isn't really a factor in Madden, it doesn't seem possible to tire a defense out, make them "gassed", introducing that would make Madden an even better experience

Message 21 of 33 (3,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
Here are a couple things my friends and I have discussed, that existed in previous iterations of the series, that we would like to see return.

Owner mode:

Specific stadium upgrades. Bring back the oxygen tents!
Coaching staff other than head coaches. Being able to hire your OC, DC, and ST coaches and pick the ones that best suited the style of team you were trying to build added a huge layer of depth to the game. Even take it a step farther and add positional coaches that affect specific stats related to the position. And bring back the ability for retiring players to return as coaches, and old coaches to retire and never come back. All of these things were part of what used to make franchise mode so engaging.

Player ratings:

Add "kick coverage" as a rating for players who are eligible to be on the coverage team, and add the coverage team to the depth chart.

Many of the other things we have discussed are in these posts, but these were not, so I wanted to add them.
Message 22 of 33 (3,437 Views)

★★ Novice
I like this idea
Message 23 of 33 (3,356 Views)

Suggestions for Madden 19 CFM

★★★★★ Newbie

First I'd like to state that, I know that making a game is extremely difficult and I love what these guys do. With that being said, I'd love to see improvement in the computer AI. I've had too many experiences with the AI basically losing a game because they'll just stand there and not move. I've noticed that after plays all the players just continue to run downfield for no reason. When playing as one player in franchise mode the AI has no idea how to play defense; when in zone coverage the opposing quarterback can get at least 15 yards because the defensive player just sits in their respective zone until the QB crosses the line of scrimmage. Their are way too many random events that cost me the game, I feel like the game has already decided who will win before you even start playing that game.

This franchise has been around for way too long to not have a solid computer AI in the game. It's almost like they throw away any progress made in the previous version.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, I really don't want it to.

Thanks for reading

Message 24 of 33 (3,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I think they need to add the ability to customize the schedule/league. They should borrow from fantasy football and allow 6, 8, 10 etc team leagues. So if you want to be in a league but don’t want cpu games it’s possible.
Message 25 of 33 (3,344 Views)

★★ Novice
Here are a couple of things I would like to see in CFM for madden 19.

- The ability to see exactly what was edited by a user. For example if some one edited speed or strength that needs to be indicated.

- If the ability to see exactly what was edited can't be done please allow commissioners to add other users as admins of their leagues. The admin can place people on auto, clear cap penalties, advance the week, but not have the ability to edit players.

- Have an option for commisoners to have approval over all user trades. Or the ability to reverse all trades.

- Allow formation subs in CFM to created playbooks.

- The ability to take people off of auto during the trade. In larger leagues there are schedule conflicts so allowing those who make it to the draft late the ability to take themselves off auto if they chose.

- The ability to edit uniforms of teams that relocate.

- When building a new stadium allow more customization.

- The ability to sell naming rights to a stadium.
Message 26 of 33 (3,319 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I would like to see two player scrimmages in Parctice mode. Ball starts on 35 and you have to score TD first one to specific number of TDs wins. No punts ball goes back to 35
Message 27 of 33 (3,316 Views)

Suggestions for madden 19 CFM

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Hey so me and my buddy's were thinking would be an awesome feature for franchise. Being able to manage your franchise from an app on your phone, cant play on your phone but trade, sign, cut change depth chart scout you know things like that. We are all In the military and dont always have time to get on a console to play but maybe we can manage our teams that would be awesome. I dont know how many time we'll be talking about trades at work or the draft prospects it would be insane to pull out our phone and say look at this or i just sent you a trade. Thats really our favorite part is scouting, drafting and trading and free agents see who is the best GM to have the bragging rights.
Message 28 of 33 (3,240 Views)

Re: Suggestions for madden 19 CFM

★★★ Apprentice

Allow us to challenge all plays.

When choosing to challenge a play we should be asked what we are challenging (catch, fumble, out of bounds, spot of the ball, TD, etc).

I was recently playing a game where I clearly scored a TD with more than 2 minutes left in the half (ball was caught and the WR ran about 10yds before stepping fully and completely in the end zone with the ball crossing the white line of the end zone before he was pushed out of bounds). I was ruled out at the 1yd line even though my WR received a 'drive goal' award for scoring a TD. I was not able to challenge the play! It said 'there is nothing to challenge'. On one hand Madden recognized that it was a TD because of the drive goal, but on the other it said that it wasn't a TD and there was nothing to challenge. I feel this is exactly what the challenge option should be for!

Regardless of the situation a coach should always be allowed to risk a timeout to challenge any play whether or not it's a good idea.

Message 29 of 33 (3,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Owner- runs stadium/relocation

Gm- re signs players/FA

Headcoach- picks draft choices

Offensive coordinator- calls and chooses off playbook

Asst off. Coord

Defensive coordinator- calls and chooses def playbook

Asst def coordinator

7 users(coaches) per team or put 4 more coaches in to make it 11 users or even 4 users as scouts and they do all the scouting for the team

Devin wade becomes a head coach?

Asst coachs can help with post snap adjustments?

Message 30 of 33 (2,977 Views)