Suggestions FIFA 20 Career Mode

by KosKareem39

Original Post

Re: Suggestions FIFA 20 Career Mode

★★★★★ Newbie

Great post which summarises so many key things for improvement. And most importantly, EA had most of these things in FIFA 07!! That's more than 10 years ago... let that sink in... please EA, give career mode the so much deserved overhaul. I got drawn into FUT a bit in the early days but the lack of creativity in building cool teams (it's only league/country focused and hardly any starheads outside of Premier League) is incentivizing me to go back to career mode. Only it is so outdated in terms of gameplay and starheads that I'm having more fun playing FIFA 07 than the latest version...

Message 11 of 34 (4,015 Views)

★ Novice
Good day so we all know that fifa is the best soccer game but wats shocking is PES now is actually dragging in terms of realistic views with there BAL mode it’s believable so please I wanna plea that EA make changes like in our pro career I want us to Be able to break records held by other players like Messi or Ronaldo, Please more cutscenes more customizations if you could do it for the journey den just put a little of that data patch to the career mode.. It would be nice if we start as a youth in exit trial and a club picks us we don’t pick them and pundits can be pls more realistic views thank you
Message 12 of 34 (3,928 Views)

★ Novice
  • We want to be able to sign players who are on approach to sign, immediately. We want to be able to scout players, already in the shortlist, instead of searching for them again to scout them. We want the ability to change kits after every season. Sign new kit sponsors once the current one expires, even new kit supplier deals too. They'll say it cannot be done for legal reasons blah blah blah blah but make it possible and modders will do the rest
    Enable modding for consoles too. We can have a boot model and have all its colour ways on the specific boot instead on having a long line of same boots with different colour ways. We can even have like a Nike i.d thing for boots. We want hem to fix the salary negotiations as it currently flawed. Let be able to create career manager face. We could even have two fifa version one for fut and one dedicated to career mode. I don't play fut and don't care for it but I'm sure it's taking up space on my hd. we want GK glove, boot and star head updates. What exactly do you guys do all year? The game play was perfect since fifa 16. All you guys had to do was cosmetic and structural updates. No fifa 20 for me if you feed us the same thing again this year.

Message 13 of 34 (3,782 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You said it all right. They don't give a * about us playing Career mode. That is why I refuse playing FIFA since 2014 and I will not play until they make it right.

Message 14 of 34 (3,620 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, if all they care about is money, they can create a separate disc which is exclusively a revamp career mode. That is, everything fans have demanded or asked them to update in the career mode. They sell it separate, even though it is still fifa 20. People will buy it, EA will make money, everyone will be satisfied. I for one will love to see a youth league, u17, u19 etc youth teams, and the ability to use youth players play and cup game and then return to their youth teams to continue their growth. Also, introducing a u17 and u20 fifa World Cup will be appreciated. In fact, do everything that is happening in today’s football world. I swear, I’ll be the first to buy it. 

Message 15 of 34 (3,592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Give the guy a break haha. He was 5, he probably didn't have pocket money to buy a new FIFA until FIFA10, logically he'd be invested in a game he played for years. I played FIFA 2003, 06 and 09 for years until I got myself a cheap xbox360 too. 

Message 16 of 34 (3,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Great post I love the thought put into this. The morale of the story here is FIFA 07 Career was so f%*^ing lit my favorite so far. 

Message 17 of 34 (3,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please EA,Please EA,the Regens and  youth players  please give them name that the commentators know,it make no sense my best player who became " ONE OF THE WORLD'S BEST" is not known when he is in possessions of the ball.it kills the mood of the game,makes no sense.the players should not be having those long names that is not known.or create a system where we can edit the players name in career mode.please EA i know your focus is elsewhere to make more money and that's understandable, us career modes lovers needs this.i have purchased every single Fifa from 2005 up to now i have never skipped any.I love nothing more than to manage the likes of Leeds united,Parma,Mallorca  and i rely heavily on the  regens so i can have a big club eventually.

Message 18 of 34 (3,369 Views)

★★ Novice

Dude that's all it needs then copy and paste, year in year out. That way ea keeps all the career mode players. Please tell me if the do at least half of this stuff when the time comes. I'm boycotting them until they make some big improvements 

Message 19 of 34 (3,173 Views)

★ Novice

Also add in:

- customisation in the football business. Talking how you manage kit suppliers, how you manage sponsors, how you set ticket prices, how you set merchandise prices, etc

- would love to have kit sponsors provide templates so like in real life, you can update kits at the end of the season, design third kits, etc... doesn’t have to take away from the current kits but would be awesome. 

- injuries need to be more realistic. I have moved the sliders up to make it more realistic but still all I get is shoulder injuries mostly. Add in fatigue affects injuries and there’s gotta be phases in a season with a lot of games where players are playing with knocks, etc like in real life. 

- more options in the contract screen for players - relegation clauses, promotion clauses etc.

- ability to interact with players and change roles without having to sign a new contract and being able to change this after each season. Like when you’re promoted and you buy a new player, you shouldn’t have someone who has gone down the pecking order still be crucial

- potential, as mentioned shouldn’t be fixed and would love to have overall be affected by position, playing style, etc. like if your instruction to a forward is to be a target forward and you put in 5’7” Ben Yedder in there, he should go down but if your instruction is a guy who gets into the box, then he goes up as it goes with his playing style. 

Message 20 of 34 (3,140 Views)