Re: Suggestion: "Censored mode"

by GENERALZOOL

Original Post

Suggestion: "Censored mode"

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone,

as a German C&C player, I remember the original German version of the first three C&C games.

While I disliked the censorship at the time, there is one thing that I miss in the uncensored version: The crunchy tin-can like sound that you got when crushing infantry with a vehicle.

Upscaling all of the censored assets would likely be too much effort and I'm not sure if anyone even misses them, but I'd love it if that sound came back as an option. It just made the experience of executing a crush so much more fun.

Message 1 of 5 (1,251 Views)

Hero

@vb4Origin 

Someone could make it as a mod I guess.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 5 (1,183 Views)

★ Pro
@vb4Origin
I'll see what I can do for you. Though, to get the authenticity just right, I'm going to need a copy of that exact sound. I don't have the German Version of the game, and I'm unsure if that sound is contained in normal releases (if it is in normal releases, what's the filename so I can extract it). Post it somewhere on YouTube, and I can use it.
Message 3 of 5 (1,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@GENERALZOOL 

Here you go. The German death and squish sounds.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rw015sjbsfdf9az/ger-sound.zip/file

Note that that death sound should also be used to replace the specific commando death sound.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 5 (1,119 Views)

★ Pro
@Nyerguds
Appreciated, when the heat knocks off (because it's too hot to work), I'll get to it.
Message 5 of 5 (1,094 Views)