Suggestion for a map vote tool

by CloudMcRip

Original Post

Suggestion for a map vote tool

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Dear Developers,

dear playerbase,

since release back in 2017 I have just a single wish... a map vote tool. Let me explain in detail what I mean...

How should it work?

It's very simple, 

a player goes to this path [Play/Multiplayer/Assault]

then the player press the Square, X or Key button on Galactic Assault or Starfighter Assault 

Now will a window appear with all playable maps on this gamemode.

The player can now choose which Maps he want to play. These maps the player don't want to play will lightly grey out, so the player can see which maps he want to play and which not.

How should it work with Teammates / friends?

I think the best solution for this problem is to setup the friend/multiplayer group into numbers.

The first one who sends an invite and people/friends who joins him is number one. Now will all people who joins number one take temporary number one's map choices/decisions.

If someone leaves the group he has his map choices back. If number one leaves the game, number two will become number one. I think you will understand what I mean. It's very simple.

Which Gamemodes are affected?

First at all just Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault, I have nothing if it would be set on all game modes but I think on smaler game modes it would be harder to create a match.

Why no Server Browser or Era vote?

I like a Server Browser, but on the last years I made the experience that server browser are abused by stream snipers, cheaters and hackers. I am happy there is no server browser (and no stats) at all and that the system works so great (most times I find a game on my region).

I know there are many players who wants a server browser, specialy people where their Internet connection isn't the best at all or wants their own preferences.

I think a map voting tool what I suggest will be a good compromise. 

Oh and why no era vote? With my suggestion can every player decide by his own which maps he/she want to play so is their no era choose needed.

Last words

I say thank you to Dice, Criterion and EA and all people who takes the time to read my suggestion. 

I also want to thanks the map creator for all those beautiful maps. I know my suggestion is against your work but I make this suggestion to offer a compromise so the playerbase can play maps what they like without to leave the game and to wait/look/search for a map they want to play. On the other site you can see which maps are the most played and popular maps and get new informations for maybe future projects? Wink

Message 1 of 1 (443 Views)