Suggestion for Arena

by tuan6668

Original Post

Suggestion for Arena

★★★★ Apprentice
We have only 5 attempts per day in the Arena. We also cannot control our team in the arena battle. I think the following might help us to go further in the arena (assuming we still cannot control our heroes in the arena battle):

1) let us see all the characters in the opponent's team, not just the leader. This will help especially if our power and level are same with the opponent. Sometimes they may have Chewbacca or Talia as a leader, but the rest of the team are powerful characters e.g. Darth Sidious, Count Dooku.

2) since the enemies that we defeated are not in the list of possible opponent anymore (I'm not sure whether it is just me or not), why not remove the player that defeated our team from our possible opponent list with a new opponent preferably lower power than the one we lost against.

3) if we lost twice, give us a lower power enemy. I have lost twice few times especially when my rank is around 100 but I noticed my opponent list is not much different from before.

4) improve our heroes AI- our heroes will either focused on attacking enemy healer or enemy with low HP or the same enemy till the enemy dies. If it is not possible, then introduce heroes with leader ability or special ability which can direct all the troops to target a specific enemy (healer or low HP)

5) perhaps we should change current matchup (we are match according to our rank, power) and arena points system (giving 200 for top 100, 135 for 101 and below). We can fight with anyone We want but the arena points we got would be depend on the enemy rank and power and player level. For example, if we fight enemy rank 500 when we are rank 100, we may win just 20 points but if we win against stronger opponent at rank 90 we got 200 points.

6) increase number of attempts per day

Thank you.
Message 1 of 7 (720 Views)

Re: Suggestion for Arena

★★★ Apprentice

I'd like to agree with some points he brought up too.

1) I agree we need a better 'away' team advantage, granted that we can refresh indefinitely, we need to be given more incentive to plan our lineup against our pvp opponents. Being limited to 5 fights per day makes every lost we suffer quite demoralizing hahaha. Let us look our the opponents lineup would greatly help, the battle is still auto after all, but I would like to pop my debuff cleanser in (admiral ackbar), if i see a debuffer (obi-wan kenobi) in the other team etc.

2) This is a little reduncdant, since we can refresh indefinitely who we choose to fight, just remember not to fight that same guy again lol

3) Yes please to this, we need to 'drop a few ranks' if we lose a fight or two or three. It has already proven we are not strong enough to challenge higher tiers, and since rewards are only given for victories, and non are given for maintaining a certain rank... we end up trying to drop our rank for more realistic opponents. (If you implement something like daily rewards for staying in each rank tiers, we might be satisfied staying where we are even with 5 loses daily, but now, no...)

4) I'm skeptical about this point but having a leader that gives maybe... makes allies focus against 1 target for 1/2 turns sounds good. (Example: Han Solo, being a great leader, makes the team focus against an enemy for X turns at a X% chance on attack, this as a leader ability). Not a star wars fanboy, therefore I'm sorry if HS isn't a great leader and i used him as an example hahaha.

5) That's a good idea, since we are shown 3 opponents, it can be 1 weaker, 1 similar to your rank, 1 much stronger. Each giving bad, decent and great rewards, and not changing rank if we choose to fight a weaker opponent. (Example, stays at rank 100, but couldn't win higher ranks, so for assured rewards, attacks rank 150 for 50/win instead of suicide against impossible opponents)

6) This is debatable, I enjoy this game in regards to how much time/effort I have to invest right now. But some others might want more PVP chances etc, so it's really up to devs to decide what's best.

Message 2 of 7 (698 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Daily rewards for staying strong at your rank in tiers, example:
#1 credits, arena points, 2 random character shards (any character at all), 250 friendship points
#2-5 credits, arena points (less), random character shard (any character at all), 250 friendship points
#6-10 credits, arena points (less again), 250 friendship points
#11-25 credits, arena points, 200 friendship Points
#26-50 credits, arena points, 150 friendship points
#51-100 credits, arena points, 100 friendship points
#101-250 credits, arena points, 50 friendship points
#251-500 credits, arena points, 25 friendship points
Top 5% credits, arena points
Top 10% credits, arena points
Top 25% credits, arena points
Top 50% credits, arena points
Top 100% credits

Of course, to receive these daily bonuses, you must participate in at least 1 fight that day.

Although this could continue to lead to a simple "the strong get stronger loop"
(I didn't really put numbers because I don't know what would be a good balance)
Message 3 of 7 (690 Views)

★ Guide

EA have said that there will be a major revamp of PvP... so, i guess i just wait for the revamp.

in the meantime, rather than just refresh all the time (then pick and still lose 2-3 battles), what i have done is intentionally drop my rank -- meaning for my first battle, i put on a useless team (of sometimes just 1 character) and then let the rank drop. since top 100 still gets 200 points for each win, i can still afford to drop quite a bit. on a side note, i suspect rank rewards may change once EA implements the new PvP changes.

anyway, the intentional rank dropping can at least give me better chance of getting more wins.

plus... if a lot of us do this... it still "evens out"... coz when its your time to rank up, there will probably be someone with a low power team that you can defeat.

in fact, this used to be what many would do back when the DAILY ACTIVITY was "Win three battles". since it's changed to participate in three battles, i noticed not many people do this anymore.

another observation... everyone almost at top 100 (or maybe top 50) seems to have gone stagnant in terms of team development. the team power is very close and most of the time, battle seems to be a 50-50 thing.i guess everyone is having the same problem -- not enough credits.

this also means... there needs to be more variations. right now, healers are the ones that wins. there isn't a team that can kill fast enough before the healers heal.

Message 4 of 7 (677 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Aaron did mention the arena would be revamped, so I think we all just have to sit tight and wait.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the arena but I find 5 games a day is so insufficient for my cravings of arena (Although its AI but you know, you're still challenging someone)

I kinda wish they would increase the no. of attempts but lower the amount of points earned. In this way you do not change the rate of earning arena points and you also get to play more. For example, currently the system is that you have 5 attempts x 200 points (Depends on your rank) per win = maximum of 1,000 points per day.

To suggest the change to 10 attempts x 100 points per win = maximum of 1,000 points per day.

Pros:You get to have fun with more matches, and more room for losses (instead of losing 1 game costing you 200 points, you only lose 100 points). 

Cons: Perhaps if you don't like arena and just want to get over it for the sake of daily, you might find the increased no. of attempt highly annoying.

My ultimate motive is to have more fun at arena. Just my suggestion.

Message 5 of 7 (663 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm currently in the rankings from 10 to 50.

We fight to the top and then let us drop to the mid 100s. Thats common practice at the moment.

@mydragoon

I also made the same observation.

I lost some battles because of the healing thing.

It goes like this:

Battle Starts,all my aoe damage hits the enemy and brings them down to maybe 20% then my heal heals my team even if I'm full.

Then it's the enemys turn, heal back to normal while all my cooldowns are down. Then they hit with all their force and I have no heal left.

After that I hope that none of my chars goes down until I can heal and aoe's are ready once again. Inbetween that time I almost kill some guys but

the AI is so dumb that they won't hit the chars even if they have 1 hp left. Then again enemy heal and we're at the beginning. If one of my characters

have fallen by that point i've lost already.

It is a big problem right now.

I imagine it's the same when someone attacks my team but I'm not rewarded for that win :P

Message 6 of 7 (656 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yea notice the healing flaw too...and also...in a long duel against anyone with baris offee? I would end up losing if theres a stalemate..maybe higher hp wins? They shpuld count damage done in these instances..or every team must need her to compete...

Yea agree on the common practice of dropping levels...i was one of the earlier ones to reach top 5..then had to drop just to make some tokens..careless the past week..im in the 100s now

Message 7 of 7 (620 Views)