Suggestion for Ally Points

by tartanloge

Original Post

Suggestion for Ally Points

★ Novice

@EA_Andy

what if we could use ally points for practice raids + phases.

You could choose,

- The Pit

- Tank Takedown

- Tier, Normal or Heroic

- Phase

As tier increases more ally points are required.

After the ENTER button for each type of raid a button above the current VIEW

such as SIMULATOR

The player benefits from testing new strategies and teams on a regular basis and characters at the current ability, level, gear + mods to find ways to improve.

I think players have a few great mods and shuffle them around for different phases or uses.

Players will better understand the speed, cool downs, abilities of opponents that lower level players only see once or twice a month if not in a guild that can produce the credits required to raid often.

I believe a lot of the learning comes from videos made by high level players, which is good but players would rather spend time in game learning and playing.

Message 1 of 5 (810 Views)

Re: Suggestion for Ally Points

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @tartanloge

It's certainly a cool idea.

I was actually speaking with one of my colleagues at Answers HQ the other day about how it would be nice to practice different combos in raids to see the damage they can do.

For example I now have 7* Han Solo from the Rancor raid so I'd like other people get the max shards but I still want to be able to go for the max damage I can to see what my characters can do so it's a bit of a balance between helping out the other guild members and also checking what my work on building characters/teams can do.

Is there anything else you think could be done with ally points?

- Andy -

Message 2 of 5 (794 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for the reply, will keep on thinking.

How about ally points to rent a maxed hero, 7* G11?

- 24hr time limit

- use it for raids, galactic war, hard nodes

- place 1 restriction *no arena

Do you have feedback on where players at which level spend their time in game?

Approximate break down of my SWGoH time in game and outside (forums, guild chat, video tutorials) totaling 100%

IN GAME

5% - arena (game play)

10% - galactic war (game play)

5% - raids (game play)

15% - ships (game play)

40% - grinding gear (inventory)

OUTSIDE of GAME

10% - guild comms (community)

15% - video tutorials (learning)

Would love to spend less time using the sim button on nodes for gear, more time in game play.

Video tutorials are tough because they are with maxed characters that will take months to create.

In game seems difficult to use lower gear + * characters any where.

Do you have data on characters players use?

I may use 7 characters for game play.

Message 3 of 5 (784 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@tartanloge - I don't have access to that kind of data, but I'm sure the studio team does - it's something they'd be reviewing regularly.

- Andy -

Message 4 of 5 (776 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I like the idea of being able to do practice raids, but I don't think ally points should be spent on that. I think they need to either:

1. Let us buy bronziums 10x at a time
2. Let us use "ally" points to fill donations in the guild exchange, or some other way to help allies.

I like the latter idea because guild mates always want the same items I need.
Message 5 of 5 (536 Views)