Re: Suggestion: Sims 4 Add Preteens

by sarahmargulis

Original Post

Champion

@Bubblye, These are good ideas!  A jogging stroller would be fantastic for our more athletic Sims!   And I also would prefer our furniture to be in sets again because I also hate mis-matched furniture, and even if it does match, sometimes it is difficult to find all the matching pieces without it already being grouped into a set!  (I miss the Moroccan furniture set from previous versions of the Sims! Devil  It was so pretty. ) 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 26 (2,250 Views)

★★★ Novice
It may be stupid to you but, everyone else wants pre teens. So you can complain later.
Message 12 of 26 (2,180 Views)

★★★ Newbie
That's a perfect idea!
Message 13 of 26 (2,134 Views)

★★ Novice

a teenager that can Work and the only teenagers that are allowed to work are at age 16-18. Because 18+ is Young adult and in the age between 13-16 the teenagers grow a lot! But the children in game does look like an 7-10 year old and act like that age! But then that means that the gap is atleast 6years real life time. So the best option for the sims is to create a preteen age at 11-13 so before the intense grow and hard puberty but still taller then the child from age 7-10 and can act like an 11-13year old because children can't fall in love (they just think that). But a 11-13year old can fall in love and think a lot differently then an 7-10year old. But still are to childish to be an teenager like in game already because the teenager really acts like an 16-18 year old.

i think that's enough proof that a child is not a preteen and a preteen not a teenager (from in the game already). Or short term child= child, preteen= just starting puberty (before intense grow), teenager= just after intense grow and mentally changing.

Message 14 of 26 (2,073 Views)

★★ Novice

The abilities should be 

quicker learning skills like (sports, programming, logic, painting, etc.) more skills then child and less skills then teen

childish midlife crisis or otherwise puberty behavior (mood changing often)

love interactions like hug, kiss on cheeks, first kiss, kiss, holding hands, watching stars, innocence flirting (not sexual flirt), and being boyfriend/girlfriend) or nowedays bg bb gg

sexual blocking script for modders no pedophilia actions possible like preteen and (young adult-elder) only to preteen, themselve or max teen. but that's modding not ea or maxis

playing with toys for their age like Lego, Knex,HotWheels, Console/pc, sports (more then the child can do)  so they can make it into an stuff pack or update 

and i din't say about the awkward stuff like acne or private parts (their just barbie dolls so they don't have any only with mods but that are mods)  and they have mosaic around them if you don't have the decencor mod 

puberty behavior is different from a 13year old and a 16+year old because childish ----- adult (adult childish is still different then child childish)

child in game is around age 8 ---- preteen could be around age 12 ---- teen is 16+ because they can work and you need to be atleast 16 for work  or drive cars (sims 3)  that means thats the gap from 8 years is spitted in half                  4 years                                       4years, that's also visual in length so the preteen should be in size head bigger then child and head smaller then teen 

Message 15 of 26 (2,068 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think preteens should be able to have crushes on one another and hold hands. In terms of skills, motor could translate to athletic at this age, but maybe preteens shouldn't unlock the dancing skill. Preteens should be able to paint on the easel.

Message 16 of 26 (2,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Obviously, its fine to disagree but I would like to try and change your mind.

As they said in their post - children look about age 8-10 and teens look about 16-17. Dont you think thats unreasonable, never mind unrealistic. However if we added preteens the aging process would make a lot more sense. Adding preteens (aged 11-13) would add a more realistic feel to the game and would fit right in with the parenthood pack. 

I hope I have changed your opinion but if not, never mind!

Message 17 of 26 (1,846 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Keep your offensive Idea to yourself, if you didn’t read the whole paragraph on why she thinks that way, than you saying it’s a stupid idea, is being plain dumb, you can’t say it’s a stupid idea unless you have a better idea, and there is a big difference between children and preteen’s, it’s a whole new cycle witch involves GROWING. Something I don’t think you went through or else you wouldn’t be putting your cold remark out there, just saying, if you have a better idea share it, if your going to criticize do that in your mind, because you’ll ruin people’s day with that remark of your’s. I was shocked when I saw you did that without putting in a good idea, Sure some people don’t care about preteens, sure some people hate the idea, but go to some other answer page to share your idea, your most likely going to get bored and come right back here because you don’t have any kindness or self aware at all. Think before you share your ideas.
Message 18 of 26 (1,763 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@All I never ment it to any of you who are sharing buliding idea’s to her idea, just this one guy who doesn’t want to keep to himself with his hate on her.
Message 19 of 26 (1,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PugLove888 I must admit, I can't believe the amount of time that I waste trying to find build items (wood color, colors, etc) that will work together and come even close to 'matching'... Plus, as you say, there are many times I have to remove/not use an item or build item (wood, wallpaper, etc) because I just can't make it work with the other items in the room/build. For example, on furniture/floors/walls, there is dark brown brown, a muted brown, a red-ish brown, a warm brown, a pale brown, & cream. BUT... not all of those options are offered in the couches you are looking at, wallpaper, flooring, cabinets, trim, or it is close to the same range but is different enough that it looks bad next to each other. Not everything has to be an exact match (though having all of those tones the same and available on all items makes sense to me), but so many items just won't work with very many pairings, or the whole color scheme would have to be worked around them and thus would be very restrictive. Not sure if this makes sense, but it eats up a lot of time in my creative process. Also, there are things like the browns in some stairs or fences are hard to find a good match for with certain builds (if you are looking for a narrow/specific style - which the fence is, but no gates seem to be that style/color combo - such a 'quaint'/homey style, etc.). If I build a 'modern' style build I have a lot more choices that work together, but that's oftentimes not the look I'm going for. Not sure if I'm describing this well, and sorry to go on and on. Thanks for your patience. Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 20 of 26 (1,757 Views)