Re: Suggestion: Put arena points in arena ranking

by tuan6668

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suggestion: Put arena points in arena ranking

★★★★ Apprentice
In squad arena rankings, the game only inform us who is no1 etc and their level but we do not how much points they have that make them at that particular rank. I always wanted to know how many points the top players have so that I can compare myself with them. I hope in the next update we can see all the top players arena points. Thanks
Message 1 of 7 (1,308 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

There is no point system in SWGOH at the moment.If you beat an opponent then you and your opponent switch rank. The point system you suggested fits well in a % based reward system like SWC or CoC but it's not a system this game could adapt at the moment due to the lack of player base.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,381 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

By Arena points do you mean the team strength right? While it would be nice to be able to see what the top ranking player's team strength is, I've found that it's not always a reliable indicator.

Just as an example, I have a full level 60, gear 6/7 PVP team with 5200 team strength, and yet in arena there's a player called Mellan Choly who is only account level 56 (meaning their characters can at most be level 56) and team strength 4850 and yet some how they always manage to defeat me even though I have a 4 level advantage. Granted they have Sid, IG-88, and Dathcha.

I'd be more interested in being able to see what each player's team build is instead. While this may lead to everyone just working towards a "cookie cutter" team to copy the top ranking players, to be honest, right now the character balance is so uneven that everyone already knows which characters to be aiming for (e.g. Sid, IG-88, Datcha, etc.)

Message 2 of 7 (1,275 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice
Not team strength but the points that determine your ranking whether you are no1, no 2 or any rank. For example in Clash of Clans your rankings is determined by your trophy counts and we can clearly see how many trophy the top players have. However, in this game we can't see what are the points (trophy counts as in Clash of Clans or whatever the term is) that we or the top players have. I'm not sure how they decide the ranking.
Message 3 of 7 (1,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

There is no point system in SWGOH at the moment.If you beat an opponent then you and your opponent switch rank. The point system you suggested fits well in a % based reward system like SWC or CoC but it's not a system this game could adapt at the moment due to the lack of player base.

Message 4 of 7 (1,382 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks warmonkey. I didn't notice we switch rank with our opponent. I prefer points system though. I don't think a small player base is a strong reason not to use points system.
Message 5 of 7 (1,248 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is the perfect system imo; If you have a better team you take their place.

It means new players with a good team can still move up the rankings without have to perform some kind of grind (aka terribad game design).

Message 6 of 7 (1,184 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know what in heck is going on I'm lvl 55 but still not a captain. I see guys that have way less kills and points then me and have gone on to become captain. This is bulls...!! The only thing I can think,of is I need to log more individual wins I guess. I have over 4400 kills getting very frustrated I'm a paying customer not a deadbeat but that's going to change because they're screwing me out of my rank so what comes around goes around.

Message 7 of 7 (958 Views)