Suggestion: New Map Types

by Zardac_the_Great

Original Post

Suggestion: New Map Types

★★ Apprentice

These are ideas that sounds good to me, but I can definitely understand not wanting to have this in the game.

What if there were two new map types: Red Zones and Cities.

City Maps would be crowded with buildings. Heavy vehicles might have to stick to narrow streets, while infantry and land based drones may be able to hold a Building Hex where they may take less damage. 

Red Zones may have extra Tiberium hexes to harvest, but instead of a rock, pond, or mesa, they would have Tiberium Glaciers that would heavily damage Infantry around them.

It might also be worth adding a few maps with one or two Blue Tiberium hexes around the center of the map for people to fight over.

Message 1 of 4 (522 Views)

Re: Suggestion: New Map Types

★★★★★ Guide

Adding a random blue tib field in the middle sounds interesting.

Do you harvest the green tib at your base, but gain only standard income, or do you risk going into the middle and gaining a huge tib lead?

Blue tib would make a nice change. Or instead of adding a blue field in the middle, the furthest green field from the base gets replaced with blue tib. That way you can either harvest closer to your base but its reduced, or a bit farther away with some risk, but you gain more.

Terrain that cannot be passed by vehicles also sounds nice.

But I don‘t like the ‚Red Zone‘ idea. Infantry should not have a harder time maneuvering on the map.

Message 2 of 4 (500 Views)

★★★★ Pro

There should definitely be more variety in the maps. This has been suggested before, but nothing has come of it.

Message 3 of 4 (481 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I for one would like a certain type of tile that blocks air units from trying to cross. Its called a down-draft tile, and any air unit that tries to cross it would instantly crash to the ground. Air units can maneuver around it as part of their AI, but becomes a hazard if you tried to order one to move to it. jump jet troopers can cross over that tile but can't vault over enemy units standing there. This can be placed on an obstacle to deter jump jets from crossing.

Message 4 of 4 (476 Views)