Re: Suggestion: Gameplay amelioration proposal for more coordination between pla

by Newbat434

Original Post

Suggestion: Gameplay amelioration proposal for more coordination between players

★★★ Novice

Hello there !

Here is a suggestion that might enrich the game experience for land battles.

It would consist to give to players the possibility to communicate quickly and efficiently between them regarding the behaviour to have via a list of propositions -put at their disposal- that they would be able to choose, select and communicate to players.

Exemple: If we are on console, the player (player A) would use the up arrow key to scroll a list of propositions, only visible to that player until he decide to validate and communicate it to other players (exemple of propositions that would be offer to players that a player could make to other players for better coordination: #1 Staying together? #2 Go rush/go attacking? #3 We defend the position? #4 We wait and ambush?, etc...).
The player, after having successively scroll the propositions with the up arrow key, could use the down arrow key to validate the proposition he want to communicate to other players.

The proposition could then be posted over the player that uttered it. The other players that see the proposition (players B) would have the choice to respond or not to the issuer. If they do so, they have to place themselves nearby him and, via the right (or left) arrow key through which they successively scroll the propositions #1 Yes/Agree or #2 No/disagree -before they validate and communicate it to the other players still via the down arrow key- accept or refuse the proposition.

Implementing this device would allow players to have more communication between them and would also allow them to better coordinate their actions.

To sum up (if the player is on console):

-The up arrow key would be used to display, scroll successively a list of propositions

-The right (or left) arrow key would be used to display, scroll successively the different possible answers
-The down arrow key would be used to validate and communicate to other the choice of the player, after he has chosen which proposition/response he wants to communicate.

You counted correctly, it left us with an arrow key that is still available (left or right) that could still be used for the emotes, that the player would also scroll successively by pressing x times on the arrow key until he finds the one he wants before validating and playing it next.

What do you think of it? Standard smile

In the meantime, as a sith lord once said...

Power ! Unlimited power !

Message 1 of 3 (529 Views)

Re: Suggestion: Gameplay amelioration proposal for more coordination between pla

Hello @Newbat434 and thanks for your awesome post!

I do agree that communication between players on the battlefront is really important and can definitely use some proper attention.

As I've mentioned so many times, the typing in this game is really bad and frustrating. I would love to see them improving it, but no luck for the first 1.5 years.

There is this new game Apex Legends in which teams are playing against each other. It has this amazing well thought out ping system, in which players can actually communicate with each other without having to talk. It is a core mechanic of the game and sadly for that reason I do not think they will ever implement such a thing into SWBFII.

However, there have been some talking about improved emoting. In the next update (27 february) we will get a dedicated emote wheel, which we can use to select emotes. Developers have stated that they are interested in strategical emotes, so I would image something like: You press a button and your character screems: " I will defend here" or "I will attack here". 

The emote wheel selection was probably the first step into implementing this and I look forward to see them changing up this!

Also just to note, if you would like to discuss this a bit more with other players, I would advise to post this also on the official SWBFII forum boards, where more people will read your take on this!

You can find that here.

See you around!

Message 2 of 3 (513 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi DYSPROssium,

The actual reason I'm posting this here is because I'm actually not an owner of the game, those ideas came to my mind after having watched videos of it since I enjoy watching gameplays of players on youtube;

I would have posted this on the official forum if the opportunity would have been given to me, but, I have not Party hat

You can still post the idea on the official forum, if you want :eahigh_file: It doesn't bother me as long as it can help give ideas to improve the game Standard smile

See you ! Wink

Message 3 of 3 (498 Views)