Re: Stunned Opponents

by DracoDITS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stunned Opponents

★★★ Novice
Why are stunned opponents still able to dodge attacks? This makes no sense what so ever???
Message 1 of 7 (928 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
If that's the case than stunned is the wrong adjective to be using. Instead. it should be dazed...Stunned implies helplessness where Dazed implies off balance.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (946 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

While I understand what you mean in a real life situation, for the game it needs to be strategy based. Potency and Tenacity are used to decide if the stun will take effect but a stun does not drop a character's Dodge Rating or Deflection Rating to nothing.

Message 2 of 7 (898 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, it's still not cool. Lol

Message 3 of 7 (879 Views)

★★ Novice
But, strategically speaking, stunning the opponent should make it easier to hit them. Even if it was only a 25% reduction in their ability to dodge or deflect. Because having full mobility, while being unable to attack, kinda breaks game logic as well as reality logic.
Message 4 of 7 (860 Views)

★★★ Novice
If that's the case than stunned is the wrong adjective to be using. Instead. it should be dazed...Stunned implies helplessness where Dazed implies off balance.
Message 5 of 7 (947 Views)

Community Manager

I can see that point, there should be no confusion for anyone around how these are going to work. I will pass it on when I get the chance.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 7 (784 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I agree with the notion of an opponent being stunned. The game is based on a digital game in the Star Wars universe. If a digital character is stunned and left flickering on the gaming table then the character should be helpless. The notion that a stunned or "frozen" program can dodge an attack is a bit off. A previous comment said it should be called dazed and that's right but there already exists a dazed status so stunned should be stunned. Like when you're stunned by a stun gun the only way you're going to block an attack is with a strong will that can override the stun in that moment.
Message 7 of 7 (521 Views)