Story or No Story

by BLVD69

Original Post

Story or No Story

★★ Expert

Hello, Community!

I was wondering how many of you really like the whole storyline in NFS games VS the early days when we didn't have Storylines.

In a few words or more, tell the community why you like or dislike the Storyline

and if you feel it should just be removed altogether or improved upon.

As for myself, I could do without the pointless story at the beginning of modern NFS games.

I recall the very first NFS back on my PS1 game console, and it was straight racing no-nonsense characters to interact with.

No overblown egos, except for my own while racing against a family member or friends who visited my house. LOL

Yes, I truly miss the early days, even with the old graphics the game was simple and to the point pure fun!

Todays more modern NFS plays out more like a movie that already has eight productions already of the F & F series!

If I want F & F I will just watch them on my DVD player at home!

I would like to see NFS get back to basics again!

Yes, keep the Full Customization thing going in the garage!

Keep the updated graphics and the full open world to drive in.

I mean if the storyline has to stay...then Ghost Studios better hire better movie scriptwriters and hire better-skilled actors!

The only storylines in NFS I actually liked were NFS MW & Carbon. 

Nothing since then I have liked for storylines! 

However, I don't' foresee this ever happening, due to the endless greed to hire better writers or actors!

That's my story...whats yours...share if you have something to express!

Regards

BLVD69

Message 1 of 8 (578 Views)

Re: Story or No Story

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Story for me my man. I look at NFS Payback like i would  say Transformers or any big action movie story line. NFS Payback is not big action or like those movies  but what im saying is i dont go into those movies looking for a deep Oscar winning story line. I just want to be entertained and have it make some sense. For me Payback did that as every thing in the story rolled along nicely with out to much fuss. I really like the Skyhammer mission as that was my favorite part in the whole story. So yeah IMO i like the stories as i don't expect a deep emotional riveting story, just some glue to hold the rest of the game together . Of course that just my 2 cents right .Standard smile

Message 2 of 8 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I agree completely. A dramatic over-the-top story doesn't belong in a racing game, it takes too much investment to pull off and doesn't really add anything to it. That goes double for games that intend to stay PG13, as otherwise you'll just end up with cartoony villains and illogical scenarios in an otherwise serious setting.

Ideally I think the game should have a simple story system or none at all. A basic story system offers some context and keeps the progression interesting, but if it gets too complicated it becomes distracting and only slows down the progression.

Message 3 of 8 (551 Views)

★★★ Guide
I'm okay with either, honestly. But probably the high point for me was Most Wanted '05, which had a story and characters every bit, if not more, cheesy than Payback. So I don't get what the beef is with the Payback story. I found it entertaining. As Master2g said, a story just needs to be the glue to hold everything together and make the casual gamer interested in progressing. Because NFS caters to all gamers, not just gearheads - some people need a reason to progress beyond the simple joy of upgrading a car.
Message 4 of 8 (547 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Jabberwocky79

Yeah well you also think Jess is cute, so...

Message 5 of 8 (519 Views)

★★★ Guide

@mrtun3rwrote:

@Jabberwocky79

Yeah well you also think Jess is cute, so...

I think you're cute Tongue out

Message 6 of 8 (509 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Jabberwocky79

Case in point, lol.

Message 7 of 8 (490 Views)

★★★ Pro
Could not be more agree with you, my first NFS was NFS2 SE from 1995. But i also loved High Stake man, we dident need story then and we dont need it now either. Just too correct you, in HS there was closed streettracks and not open world. Anyway i would prefer too have a HS remake without NOS and tuning etc, i have waited for that since 2003.
Message 8 of 8 (449 Views)