Re: Starting Over

by ShaNoodle9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Starting Over

★ Apprentice

I've been tempted to start over from scratch. I have my current progress linked to my facebook and origin account. If I decide to go back to that saved game again for whatever reason, is it going to be there or will it be lost? 

Just wanted to make sure before I did anything.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 9 (884 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@Simmerized I've never used one device to setup two accounts and I would be afraid to recommend you do it because you could overwrite your game with the new game. There is a guide for saving games to your account here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Guide-How-to-save-your-game-progress-in-The-Sims-Mobile/t...

I think it depends on whether you are on ios or android too. Sorry I couldn't be more definitive but I don't want you to lose your original game data. 

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (930 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I could be wrong @Simmerized but in my opinion I feel that if you do in fact decide to start over and save that data to the same linked account that your current data is stored it will overwrite that information. If you start over and perhaps link your data to a separate Facebook or origin account then I am thinking you can save that information with out loosing your original data.

Also there are some players that actually have two accounts for Sims Mobile. I don’t remember exactly who but I am going to take a guess and maybe this person can tell you what they did to have two accounts. That may also help you. @VintageStarlette if my memory serves me correctly you have two Sims mobile accounts right? Or do you know anyone who does that may help with @Simmerized question? Thanks!😇

Message 2 of 9 (855 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Simmerized I have two accounts. My first account I saved to my EA and Google Play account. My second account is saved to my Facebook account. I also have two different devices I use...one for each Sims Mobile Game. That way there is no way I overwrite a game. I don't know how others do it but that's how I do it. ☺

Message 3 of 9 (847 Views)

★ Apprentice

How to I make the second account? Is it uninstalling it, reinstalling it, then something will pop up asking me which saved game I want to play or something like that? 

Message 4 of 9 (836 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Simmerized Are you using one device or two different devices?

Message 5 of 9 (828 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just one, an android tablet.

Message 6 of 9 (822 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Simmerized I've never used one device to setup two accounts and I would be afraid to recommend you do it because you could overwrite your game with the new game. There is a guide for saving games to your account here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Guide-How-to-save-your-game-progress-in-The-Sims-Mobile/t...

I think it depends on whether you are on ios or android too. Sorry I couldn't be more definitive but I don't want you to lose your original game data. 

Message 7 of 9 (931 Views)

★ Apprentice

I decided to use my iPhone though I hate playing games on it because the screen is small. I usually only use my phone to make/answer calls or text but I plan on saving up for an iPad before the end of the year. 

Thanks for the help!

Message 8 of 9 (785 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I think you should be okay if you are using 2 different OS. If you decide to use the same info to save the game, just make sure you choose the right game data for your devices. On the new device, pick your new level 1 game data. On your old device, the same 2 options may pop up when you log back in. Make sure you pick the current one that you've progressed in and want to keep. Otherwise, that data will be lost. 

Message 9 of 9 (766 Views)