Starfighter control scheme

by LexNeville

Original Post

Starfighter control scheme

★★★★★ Novice

I find the controls in this game mode to be very difficult. I'm a level 50 pilot in BF1, but I can't seem to get a control scheme that matches, in SWBF2. It's almost like the yaw control has a massive deadzone. Any tips?

Message 1 of 7 (1,589 Views)

Re: Starfighter control scheme

★ Guide

for me it is odd
this work a bit for me settings the mouse settings for starfighter and aim at 15% and mouse precision at 50%

Message 2 of 7 (1,575 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I had the WORST time with it when I first started. I flat out pissed me off. I just played with my control settings a bit and stuck with it, now I don't even think about it and fly rather well. Just don't give up.

Message 3 of 7 (1,566 Views)

★ Pro

I guess I have to disagree 100%, because I find the default controls In this edition perfect. The default controls in BF1 were awful. I tweaked them repeatedly and could never fly in anything but the most general way, and forget trying to fight.

With the default controls in this edition I routinely finish in the top 5. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,552 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I can provide you with how I tweaked my settings for Starfighter's. It is sufficient enough because I am accustomed to playing a few rounds until I found the right balance. 

If you goto Options from the Main Menu, then goto Controls, 

Invert Look - No

Invert Flight - No

Invert Vehicle - No

Zoom Mode -  Hold
Zoom Sensitivity - 35%
Advanced Flight - Yes

Disable Roll - Yes
Starfighter Missiles - Toggle
Starfighter Response Curve - 74%

Stick Deadzone - 4%
Straighter Buttons - Default

And If you do not like these settings, play a few rounds, and keep changing the options until you find a balance for yourself. Unless you are a very experienced pilot, I would recommend leaving the roll option to disabled.

Message 5 of 7 (1,545 Views)

★ Guide

Had they just made the controls like the old Rogue Squadron games it would be great. That's how flying controls should be. 

I can't even play Starfighting half way decent in this game, so I don't. The controls just ruin it. I can get the controls CLOSE to what I want, but the way your ship rotates ruins it. That should be the left or right triggers. 

Message 6 of 7 (1,496 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@KulasDevorn These controls are pretty simple considering... throttle, pitch, yaw, roll all four concepts of basic flight. And an Elite Controller has four extra handles to program, so it works fine for the thousands I see playing everyday.

Message 7 of 7 (1,481 Views)