Starfighter Assault-Certain maps impossible as attacker

by Forabuck

Original Post

Starfighter Assault-Certain maps impossible as attacker

★★★ Newbie

I have been playing a lot of starfighter assault since release and not once have I won as the attacker on several of the start fighter assault maps. Specifically the ones where you play as the Resistance and death star is trapped by asteroids being blow up to trap it, and the clone wars map where you are the droids attacking the cloning center and ultimately the republic ship on Kamino. 

In both of those maps, I think the main issue is that the defending team ends up spawning nearly on top of the objective they are defending, where the attacking team has to fly in, kill some things to make the ship even vulnerable, and then attack the actual objective. This allows the defending team to pick the attackers out of the sky with ease. This is what I observe at least. 

There is also an underlying issue with all Starfighter assault matches, which is when an objective transitions, everyone can still kill each other, which results in the defending team being able to kill or take away up to 20 or so tickets of the attacking team while they are just flying around waiting for the objective to spawn. One game, when waiting for the last objective to become vulnerable, I saw the attacker tickets go from 144 to 120 before the attackers could do anything to move their objective forward. That is way too much time for the defending team to make headway. 

I am sure plenty of people will say "oh I have won those maps plenty of time etc etc." or "ur not good." Regardless of what you say, if those specific maps were even SOMEWHAT balanced, I would have won by chance by now. 

Please address this ea. Just look at your win/loss data and realize your ish is broken. (I know this isn't the only thing but it sucks regardless) 

Message 1 of 1 (238 Views)