Star Wars Battlefront II - Release Notes - August Patch

by XXXO77O4906

Original Post

Star Wars Battlefront II - Release Notes - August Patch

★★★★★ Expert

Hi everyone,

Emperor Palpatine and Ewok Hunt are back! The issues that required us to temporarily disable both have been fixed in this patch. In addition to that we’ve deployed balancing updates to lightsaber heroes in Galactic Assault that should make them viable again. Give them a try and let us know what you think. We also addressed the stuttering upon hard-lock issue in Hero tw
Starfighters.

Finally we want to thank you for your patience while we were working on addressing these key problems! Your feedback is valuable to us so please keep sending it along as we continue to improve the game.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

CHANGES

• Palpatine has been added back to the game
  • Fixed an issue with Palpatine being very overpowered by restricting the angle from which the player could lock on with his lighting ability
  • Fixed an issue with Palpatine being able to lock onto targets through walls
  • Ewok Hunt has been added back to the game
  • Fixed an issue in Ewok Hunt where Stormtroopers were unable to board the shuttle
  • Rebalanced stamina for lightsaber heroes
  • Fixed an issue in Hero Starfighters on PC where players experienced a short stuttering before being locked on
  • Fixed an issue with Extraction where objective markers were misplaced on Kessel and Jabba’s Palace

Stay tuned to any updates over here.

Message 1 of 19 (1,178 Views)

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II - Release Notes - August Patch

★★★ Pro

When is it supposed to go live?

Message 2 of 19 (1,151 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@felker_s

Tomorrow. 

Message 3 of 19 (1,143 Views)

★★★ Pro

So the original plan, thanks. The "Emperor Palpatine and Ewok Hunt are back!" part got my hopes up that we got it early.

Message 4 of 19 (1,128 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hi, good job, I look forward to testing lightsaber heroes.

PS: My friend told me about a bug with ion torpedoes in GA, that they do not require recharge time and can be fired without recharge time. I havent seen anything in the top posts about it, and since I dont play the star card, I was wondering, if someone can confirm the bug and if it is confirmed, could it be added to the list of priorities?

Message 5 of 19 (1,070 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Rogue_Manda_YT

Can you please create a thread in the bugs section about this issue and possibly provide some reproduction steps about this and maybe a video? If this is an exploit you are talking about, feel free to PM me with details on how its done and I will pass it forward and in this case make the video unlisted. 

Message 6 of 19 (1,066 Views)

★★★ Pro

@XXXO77O4906

I'll provide some footage on that aswell if I have the time to play. For a while, I can't really play as a starfighter in GA, since people just spam the torpedoes. Even just one does huge damage, but most of the time, they fire two at the same time.

Message 7 of 19 (1,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It is great to have Palps back!

I almost forgot how fun he is.  Standard smile

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 8 of 19 (1,004 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@XXXO77O4906

Hi, so I talked to the friend again to post it to the forum, but he said, he looked into the mechanics of the torpedo again and said it is fine. False alarm then.

Message 9 of 19 (968 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Noted, thanks for letting me know @Rogue_Manda_YT.

Message 10 of 19 (966 Views)