Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Update FAQ

by XXXO77O4906

Original Post

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Update FAQ

★★★ Apprentice
The issue hasn't gotten fixed. What I did find out was that Microsoft told me that there's nothing they can't do in their end because is a issue only the developers can fix.

This is a quote from the guy that tried to help me with my issue "We would like to inform you that we may have to try and get in touch again with the game develope for the issue on the game. No worries this time you can tell that you have already contacted us"

I haven't gotten a response from the experts team at EA. I mean, they already got my 80 bucks so I'm all already done for. I might just start playing the classic battlefront 2 since is going to be release in the xbox one. I feel like I have no hope for this stupid game to ever get fixed. Losing a customer to EA is nothing when they got so many other customers that haven't gotten so unlucky as I did. RIP battlefront 2, it was good fun while it lasted.
Message 41 of 68 (1,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

That legendary quote from "John Wasilczyk, Executive Producer at DICE" still echoes in my mind: "Change will be a constant in Star Wars Battlefront 2 (EA)"

This is what, the second patch in nearly 5months? And still no new maps for galactic assault in sight and/or making the pathetic 20v20 a bigger gamemode....

Message 42 of 68 (1,476 Views)

Champion
@pedromyahi11 - sorry to hear it is not fixed - pretty poor response from support.
You may have to bite the bullet - create a new account just for that game and start again. I still can't believe that Microsoft would suggest a developer problem when the game works as intended if you use a different login with the same game/same Xbox.
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★ Apprentice
I've checked up with Microsoft once again and they 100% confirm it that it's not a issue with their part once again. The lady I've talked with discussed it over an hour straight and told me that if it was my account that's the issue, the issue should be present in other games and not just in one. We've ran trouble shoot stage of support all over again and she got into my account to find out that everything is working fine, including my internet. It is such a inconvenience that DICE launches an update for the game and then it stops working for me. If EA challenges me on that thought, I have evidence to prove that the issue is something the game developers need to fix, not Microsoft.
Message 44 of 68 (1,445 Views)

Champion
@pedromyahi11 - Strange though that you can use another login without any problems. Takes me back to your save game files being the problem particularly the cloud file. If it were me, in frustration, I would delete all game files everywhere including the game itself, reload and re-update then I would cry about having to start again ( I am rank 50, 66% milestones and have most of my collection levels above 75%). Pitty you don't have an external disk where you could load a clean copy of the game, select "external" only in storage management and let that sync with the cloud, if the problem still occurred then you would have proven the cloud file corrupt. Still all very frustrating. If you can, keep me informed on your progress. If I hear of any other solutions, I will let you know.
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Champion

Hi again @pedromyahi11

I know you have covered possible account problems in an effort to fix this but did you remove your account from your Xbox only? Apparently this can solve game crashes as well. The method is removing your account (which only effects your Xbox and not the online data/account) and adding a new account using exactly the same name, email address & password that you just removed.

If you have already tried this, just ignore this post.

[ Edited ]
Champion

@pedromyahi11- Hope you don't mind but I posted a link to your video on the Star Wars Forum general discussion asking if anyone else had any ideas. Had a couple of replies including one from @EA_David. Nothing positive yet. Go to this link https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1043510#Comment_1043510 to see all.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
I can't express how much I want to show you my appreciation for helping me out. A simple thank you just feels to short compare to what you're doing for me. I wanted to update you that I believe your post got EA David to contact me. Him and I believe that the uncollected milestones I didn't collect before the progression update is what caused the issue.

The patch notes for the Feb 19 patch includes collecting milestones automatically upon completion. When you have around 200 milestones not collected, and the update is causing the game to collect them all at once, the game will most likely cause it to crash.
Message 48 of 68 (1,345 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Another video but this time, is 30 seconds long and it shows an animation during the freezing main menu part. You'll see for the first time how my game crashes and sends me back to xbox home.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GgNkn0mk5ZVfGKKXw0vG3MqDdUTrJiy9/view?usp=drivesdk
Message 49 of 68 (1,340 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@pedromyahi11 - Great to hear EA_David didn't just shelve this problem and is actually helping you in making some progress. Yours was a problem that I would never have associated uncollected milestones. We both learnt something!! Did he say how to fix it when you can't get into the game or are they going to correct it at their end?
No need to thank me, I often use these forums to get help myself or to assist others where I can. Yours was such a unique problem I just had to stay with it until a solution was found (like a dog with a bone).
Please post an update when the fix is completed.
P.S. couldn't view your video because of Google permissions.