Re: Battalia...ea staffer or redwood plant you make the call

by infantyman9244

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Staffer or redwood plant you make the call

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Edited by CM

Honestly don’t care if he is or isn’t just wanted other people’s opinions on him/her whatever the person considers themself to be.

Message 1 of 16 (859 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

I am closing this thread down.

Folks it is NOT OK to create threads/engage in discussions that target/talk about someone. That is called Naming and Shaming and breaks the rules of this forum. Check out the Answers HQ forum rules under the Don'ts section. If you do, you'll note that we've outlined that doing something on this list often can get you suspended, or sometimes even banned so please do read these forum rules fully. I'm bringing the rules to your awareness this time but please be mindful that breaking the rules going forward will result in time outs being applied. 

The Answers HQ Forum Rules and Guidelineshttps://answers.ea.com/t5/Answers-HQ-Announcements/New-EA-Forum-Rules-amp-Guidelines/td-p/6075534

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (775 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It is quite possible.  With the constant posts and what not, one would and or could believe this is true.  I do know that this person has gotten people kicked out of this forum for there ideas.  

Message 2 of 16 (821 Views)

★★★ Guide

There is two redwood staffers in the guild, actually.  Thing is - when they are... they tell you.  Same in SWGOH.... There's nothing to hide.

This game has it's issues's, for sure, but it is enjoyable and I do support it myself.  That being said, if Redwood needs a remote graphic designer, my body is ready.

But keep the tinfoil hat on - it suits!  Maybe'll it'll help with the Ion Cannons,

Message 3 of 16 (804 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I did get a good laugh out of this topic, but before I do anything else...

@infantyman9244 wrote:

It is quite possible.  With the constant posts and what not, one would and or could believe this is true.  I do know that this person has gotten people kicked out of this forum for there ideas.  

this is a straight faced lie with no merit or evidence to the contrary. I love everyone on this forum, from the TRD's with pitchforks in hand to the new players with legit questions, everyone has a place in this forum and game, and I'd never attempt to get anyone removed from it. So now that the liar has been identified and addressed (and I still love you btw infantyman!, don't stop posting, you are a source of endless amusement for me!):

Hi, my name is Battalia, and I like video games.

I've enjoyed them for many years, and when I do like a game, I usually get involved in the community. Sure, I was probably like most players, some things pissed me off and I let everyone know it. We all do. But as the days went on, also like most, I matured. This resulted in my first moderator nomination for a game called Drop-Shock (now basically dead). Simple enough of a job, enforce the chat rules in the in-game chat and don't break them, or you lose mod status. No biggie. However, to moderate anyone in that game, a mod had to be contacted with a complaint. So someone could break the rules and insult someone else, but unless that person complained, it was all good. Quite a radical stance and a pretty big departure for where we are today. But never the less, the good times ended with the end of support for the game and people moved on when top down graphics no longer scratched that itch. 

From here I floated for some time with no real game sticking for long. However, mechwarrior tactics/mechwarrior online came around and I was instantly hooked. About half a year of teases later I was approached by a developer of the game and was asked if I would like to be a mod for their forums. I said sure, and figured my old experience would be about the same as this one. Yea, not even close. There was a week of training 1 on 1 with a dev until they were satisfied we could represent their company well. The forms were quite in depth. But the nice thing was at the end of the day, the devs had our backs and would stand by any of our moderation's. Which was nice. However, we had to hold ourselves to a bar higher than the other posters. Be professional, and act like we were representing the company, because officially we were. Tactics went belly up and online just became too much for my to handle, so I parted with them in good faith and still poke around from time to time. 

Sadly, I have no tale where EA or redwood took me in next, or pays me per post on a forum that sees very little action. But the thought is amusing. If any EA or redwood staffer has too much money in their pocket I'd gladly post on their forums for diamonds, just saying. Daddy needs a new epic crate!

TL;DR

I act like an adult in an online game forum where the current mentality is childish at best because I've had moderator experience. But my actions even on this forum would have landed me in hot water with the mechwarrior staff =p so it is nice to let go and mock the children from time to time. But even though I think people say dumb things, I still respect them enough to help them afterwards. (much to their annoyance, which is also a plus)

So there ya have it. Why Battalia acts like a civilized person where the status quo is so low. 

Message 4 of 16 (797 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

But discord is another story lol 

Message 5 of 16 (781 Views)

And here I thought he was a game developer with the, "WE did this because of this and the WE did that because of that.

Message 6 of 16 (772 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Discord is run by the community. Not EA, nor Redwood.
Message 7 of 16 (758 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What is discord? 

Message 8 of 16 (753 Views)

★★★★ Pro

What is Discord actually? Is it what all the cool kids are using these days instead of good old-fashioned forums on the internet? :-)

Message 9 of 16 (749 Views)

★ Guide
Ya thats not a lie but ok ya ok. Lets say that a guy that use to post in here can't post any more, wouldn't that be because he got kicked out because someone reported him and went against the grain so to speak for hie ideas. I would believe so.
Message 10 of 16 (722 Views)