Squad Spawn

by K1rB321

Original Post

Squad Spawn

★★★★★ Novice

Where is the Squad Spawn feature? I want to play together with my friends. So we found a group and start the game all together. After the first spawn we never see ourselfs again in the whole match because whenever you die you start at the end of the map and have to walk everything again. Transforms you to a lone wolf and does not support teamplay with friends. 

It would really be great to have this feature back into the game. 

thx

Message 1 of 6 (437 Views)

Re: Squad Spawn

Hero

I believe the devs have said they're working on improving the squad feature.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I like the game but the squad system it's horrible. I feel like a lone wolf in this game, im always alone. At least dice put a squad system and spawn on the squad leader. This is not fun to play with friends

Message 3 of 6 (408 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

They did say they were working to fix the system, but how they addressed it was giving point bonus for playing in proximity with the randoms you spawn with, that you can't talk to.  It completely ruins the fun of playing with friends.  This game had a ton of potential and they really messed it up.  Not fun at all playing with friends.  Going back to Battlefront 2015 until they fix it.  What a waste of $60.

Message 4 of 6 (382 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey everyone!

On the reddit ama, John Wasilczyk, the executive producer for Battlefront 2. d_FireWall did comment on spawn system and squads. 

Link to his profile: https://www.reddit.com/user/WazDICE

This is the comment:

"I don't believe in just taking a feature from one game and tossing into this one. We've tried it several times and it doesn't work that way. We don't have the same levels as Battlefield, our environments and what you expect from the planets we build are different, nor do we have the same game modes for the same reason. That being said, we're currently prototyping an update to our spawn waves that allow parties to stay together and spawn on each other. No timeline yet, but we'll let you know." 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 6 (356 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
"we're currently prototyping an update to our spawn waves that allow parties to stay together and spawn on each other"

Does that not sound exactly like what they have in battlefield with squads lol
Message 6 of 6 (341 Views)