Someone plz explain how this was not a chall

by Artriedes

Original Post

Someone plz explain how this was not a chall

★★★★ Apprentice

I am using level 7-9 units and my opponent is using level 11-12 units. Lost 20 medals after losing that match. How can it be that this wasnt a challenge match? Anyone got any idea?

Message 1 of 8 (698 Views)

Re: Someone plz explain how this was not a chall

★★★★★ Guide

At first I couldn‘t find out why this wasn‘t a challenge battle. But then finally I figured it out:

For a challenge battle to trigger you need to be within 4 levels of the league cap. You are in master league. That means your army needs to be levels 13,12,11,10,9 on average. Now let‘s look at your army...

You have everything at level 9, which should make this a challenge battle, however, your rifleman are level 8, thus lowering the army level to below 9. Because of this your average army level is a little short of level 9, and a challenge battle will not trigger.

If you ask „why does my army need to be at these levels???“, this system is there to stop people with really low leveled units to get challenge battles literally in every game and eventually climbing because they cannot loose.

Tl;Dr: Level up that riflemen squad.

Message 2 of 8 (683 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@xMaksuss Thanks for that explanation. However it does not explain why i am getting lots of other challenge matches in master league with the exact same army due high level units of my opponent. Immediately after this match i had a challenge match due to high levels where my opponent had level 11 units.... still not high as this one though. Strange.
Message 3 of 8 (676 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@xMaksuss In fact, look at the match immediately under the top match. I had five level 9 units and one level 7 unit (scarab). Funny thing is... that match registered as a challenge match, even though my average level is less than 9.
Message 4 of 8 (667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Are you sure that it was a "high enemy levels" challenge match but not a "unknown unit" challenge match? I see a mammoth in there, might be that you haven't unlocked it yet.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Challenge-Battle-Adjustments-Jan-30/m-p/7400422/highlight...

Message 5 of 8 (653 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@xMaksuss Yes you are right. I checked again later and it was indeed because of the mammoth. So basically unknown units will trigger a challenge match regardless of the league cap but for a challenge match due to high level units your average level has to be within 4 levels from the league cap. Good to know.
Message 6 of 8 (629 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, so new question, why wasnt this match at the top of the new screenshot not a challenge match? Opponent came at me with a juggernaut which i do not own, which can be seen in the second screenshot. Any clues?

Message 7 of 8 (622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

That one‘s easy to explain:

For a „unknown unit“ challenge battle to trigger, you must not have unlocked the unit and enemy must have a higher player level than you.

Check (if possible) his player level. If it is <= your player level, then everything was correct.

(You can tap his name to get to his profile, if you didn‘t know. There is currently no way to search for a player, so you won‘t be able to check it if the match disappears from your match history.)

Message 8 of 8 (612 Views)