Some suggestions from a "veteran" gamer

by oRevenanTo

Original Post

Some suggestions from a "veteran" gamer

★ Apprentice

Hello! I'm new to this test, however, I really liked the game and it's concept. And in 2 weeks I've made it from the scratch to Tiberium with GDI, not that bad, as far as I think.

Since I've seen on the left and right that "Redwood listens to the community!" (take for example "no wipe" confirmation, something that is not usually done), I've decided to maybe try and add some suggestions to the pile.

Usually, even though I've worked in the game dev previously - my suggestions are ignored in games I play :/ And I just keep playing a while, watching how game decays under the greed for microtransactions :/ Just hope some of them can help this game not repeat the others fates.

So, as with the films, games (even mobile ones) require more and more work to be actually successful. This means - you cannot just copy Clash Royale in the different universe, and leave it be. Your revenue would always be much lower than in the original game. However, if you find a way to bring it to the whole next level - then you're on to easily beating the titan.

Here are some suggestions, that can probably help bring it there:

1. PvE progress. Some sort of compaign, with proper challenges and rewards. Troops, chests, maybe some customization. This can push more people to actually pay money to increase their troops levels (of course you need a proper microtransaction system - current one is garbage), just to pass certain PvE challenges with awesome rewards.

2. Just climbing the leagues for the sake of it - quickly becomes boring. People are bored of it from Clash Royale already.

Something like customizing your own base - could help it. I mean, just imagine - your own base in 3D with a good graphics (not those Heroes of Might and Magic 2 wannabe 2D disasters that developers like to spawn nowadays), that you can improve using whole lot of stuff, from upgrades for gold, to some unique upgrades from the leagues, PvE, Alliance wars e t.c.

Maybe even some ability to view 3D models of troops in Barracks, Factory e t.c.

People love to spend money on some good quality skins to show off.

3. Currently, guild are just there for the chat and card requests. Would be awesome to have something that guild builds together. Like Guild base, for example. With some bonuses from buildings and maybe player roles in the guild, that would not affect PvP though. Just need to not spoil it with too much microtransactions or some goals that can never be achieved, unless you donate a few millions of dollars (few thousands for a few months of guild progress otherwise - seems ok though, 30+ players can easily raise that kind of money, without building frustration with the game, those who cannot - would be happy to pass this milestone by their own efforts).

4. Guild/Alliance wars seems like an awesome thing too. Just need a new map each week or two. On which guilds/alliances would make some strategic moves. Maybe towards some tiberium critical points. When the opponents meet, there would be 20h or so window for 2-5 selected players from each guild/alliance, who would compete in limited battles combat for the best result. And then they cannot participate in such battles till this feud is over. So you would spend your player resources wisely, when declaring battles on the map.

5. Some sort of "rating free" format, so people would not get frustrated, cause they cannot complete daily task, cause they would drop in rank. Maybe even with it's own rewards. Plus in this format it would be cool to test your new strategies e t.c. 

6. Current monetization system revamp. Offers are awful in general (offering gems and gold + chests with "50% off" sign, while in fact the only thing with a discount in it are the chests, and it's much cheaper to just buy gems and get chests by playing and speeding up deliveries).

Just add lots of small and tempting offers. Like if person hits 100, 200, or 500+ battles mark with specific units - they get offer with resources and those cards.

To summarize - I can elaborate on any topic, if you are actually interested and want to work on it.

And just a reminder - Fallout Shelter, for example, had an insanely good launch. One of the best I've seen from mobile games. Even though you can fast-forward time offline, do all kinds of offline manipulations - people spend there. A lot. Main reason was - game was enjoyable, and did not ask insane amounts of money to get everything. Yeah, it is single player, but still. And except for Hustle Castle, which put all tjis concept of the next level, all the games Shelter-clones, earned quite low money amounts.

Don't let the greed ruin the game, which I think has all the chances and potential to become a hit.

P.S. Thanks for reading my wall of text, those who endured Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (265 Views)

Re: Some suggestions from a "veteran" gamer

★★★★★ Apprentice

Very nice suggestions. EA should hire you Standard smile

I agree with all, specially the part of the end game being boring. The game is still in its early days and probably we will see lots of things being add.

Message 2 of 2 (173 Views)