Some changes that would vastly improve UX

by terrifictob

Original Post

Some changes that would vastly improve UX

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So I've been looking over the forums, just about every day. And I feel like I see the same four posts over and over again. So I decided to make a list of things that I think could realistically be added to improve the user experience (UX).

1. Actual gameplay tweaks - Looking through the most recent posts, a clear theme is the effectiveness of ground and pound being too high. I, however, would suggest that the damage done to the head in G&P should be decreased and that the damage inflicted through body shots in G&P should be increased. As I find that when using G&P, I rarely ever go to the body, as it isn't nearly as effective as it was in UFC 3, for example.

Another few things to be tweaked/changed include how stamina effects a submission attempt, OWC points decreasing far too much after a single loss when compared to a win and how effective body shots in the clinch are, as at times they can feel OP.

2. Customisation changes - The very first minor issue regarding customisation that comes to mind in UFC 4 is the considerable lack of sliders, and face details available when compared to FIFA 20's customisation/character creation suite, more detail is always better. Something which could be improved on even further by adding the ability to change the stats of CAF's in OFFLINE MODES ONLY. This change would allow for us to more accurately recreate past UFC fighters who may not be added to the game in the future, like Ken Shamrock, Benson Henderson or even Mark Hunt.

Regarding detail, an excellent addition to the game would be the ability to change fighter's shorts, not just having them be dependent on if they're in the red/blue corner. Oh, and also PLEASE correct and double-check the shorts colours of individual fighters. For example, Petr Yan wears red shorts, not blue ones. Israel Adesanya (THE LITERAL COVER STAR) doesn't wear blue shorts, but rather the black/white shorts of New Zealand. And even though it is a much more minor detail, for fighters that have worn multiple different shorts colours, please let us pick from all of them! For example, the current number one welterweight contender - Gilbert Burns, frequently chooses to wear the green Brazil shorts, not the yellow ones. However, he has worn green, yellow and even BLUE shorts (in his fight against Mike Davis at UFC Fight Night 150).

3. Communication - While the UFC 4 discord and forums are pretty good for communicating with the players, it would be much appreciated if every month or so, the UFC 4 team put together a community transmission, much like the Star Wars Battlefront 2 team did. As a way to build hype and excitement for the next big update, while also showcasing significant upcoming changes/features.

4. More things to spend UFC points on - I like the whole cosmetics aspect of CAF's, but after a while, it can feel like there isn't much else to do with the UFC Coins that were introduced in this game. So I would suggest that the team introduce legacy versions of current fighters, which are unlockable with coins. This would be easy as they could re-use past models, change the shorts and possibly the move-set. Some great examples of these could be an Anderson Silva legend, with stats and shirts that reflect his prime in the 2000s, a TRUE featherweight Conor McGregor, featuring an adapted model from UFC 2 or even PRIDE versions of fighters like Alistair Overeem and Shogun Rua. They could even go into the near-ish past and include a prime Jose Aldo, Jon Jones or Lyoto Machida!

And that's about it, I'm not sure if there's anything I've missed, but I think that these changes could help out the game's longevity and the overall UX.

EDIT: I completely forgot about this when writing everything out, but oh my lord, please for god's sake add back the scorecards feature from the previous games, it helps SO much, and without it, I sometimes get left wondering how exactly a judge scored a fight against me. And at the moment, the simple split decision announcement is NOT good enough, really takes away from the simulation aspect of the game. Oh, and also PLEASE add draws. It makes it so annoying when there are two clear 10-9 rounds to one fighter, and the other fighter secures a 10-8 round, and the game refuses to score a draw and instead gives one of the 10-9 rounds to the '10-8' fighter. 

Message 1 of 2 (492 Views)

Re: Some changes that would vastly improve UX

Community Manager

@terrifictob 

Thank you for being constructive in your feedback.

barry.png
Message 2 of 2 (458 Views)