So how do you deal with the Ion Cannon?

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

So how do you deal with the Ion Cannon?

★★★★ Pro

The Ion Cannon has been giving me a lot of trouble lately. Especially today, in the Valentine's Blitz event, many people seem to play with General Solomon as commander. This is probably due to the fact that all of the missile pads are right next to one another. Basically no matter where they strike, they will always hit and kill some units of yours, oftentimes clearing an entire pad. If timed right, that secures them an easy (if cowardly) win. :-(

How do you deal with this threat? Moving units out of the way almost never seems to work. I think I have managed to do it one or two times with a NOD bike, or with a Banshee, but that's about it. Most of the time everything in target and nearby is just flat out dead.

Also, I am talking about players here who do know how to defend their harvesters. If that weren't the case, I wouldn't need advice :-)

Do you have any tipps or tricks for me?

Message 1 of 2 (207 Views)

Re: So how do you deal with the Ion Cannon?

★★★★★ Guide
had someone try to ion cannon a pad on me earlier. If you can, move any units on the outskirts of the blast out first, with any luck 1 makes it out and you can hop back on the pad. Failing that, move a unit from your back pad to the middle (assuming they nuked the middle) as your reinforcing unit from you base can hop on your back pad quicker to get back into contest mode. Gotta anticipate when they are likely to use em and have your thumbs ready I suppose.
Message 2 of 2 (198 Views)